• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye to an old friend and hello to a new

Frankie28

Young Bun
Sadly, a few weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my old boy, Ink :( He was coming up twelve and had begun to have a few age related health problems-arthritis and cataracts, not that it ever seemed to bother him. He had never had a day off his food in his twelve years and had also never needed a dental, only ever requiring vet treatment for a mild urine infection. Always such a happy go lucky lad who liked nothing more than to sit and groom you whilst you scratched behind his ears.
We think it was possibly a stroke in the end or just, really, 'old age'. He slipped away peacefully on my bed whilst being cuddled and told how much everybody loved him and how special he was. Although I miss him terribly, I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful goodbye for such a wonderful friend.
Of course this now leaves Raisin on her own, which brings me onto Benji. Benji is from a rescue local to us and is a three and a half year old, dwarf lop. I'm hoping he ends up being a simple bun like my Ink always was. I don't think I could face another one as complicated as Raisin-my sensitive dental bun! I'm hoping to pick him up this weekend. He will initially be in quarantine until he has had his RHD2 and a poo sample checked for any parasites. Then, let the bonding begin! Below are a couple of photos of my boys, both old and new.

Ink & Raisin

Benji, although I'm not quite sure if he is a 'Benji'?

Last edited:
Sadly, a few weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my old boy, Ink :( He was coming up twelve and had begun to have a few age related health problems-arthritis and cataracts, not that it ever seemed to bother him. He had never had a day off his food in his twelve years and had also never needed a dental, only ever requiring vet treatment for a mild urine infection. Always such a happy go lucky lad who liked nothing more than to sit and groom you whilst you scratched behind his ears.
We think it was possibly a stroke in the end or just, really, 'old age'. He slipped away peacefully on my bed whilst being cuddled and told how much everybody loved him and how special he was. Although I miss him terribly, I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful goodbye for such a wonderful friend.
Of course this now leaves Raisin on her own, which brings me onto Benji. Benji is from a rescue local to us and is a three and a half year old, dwarf lop. I'm hoping he ends up being a simple bun like my Ink always was. I don't think I could face another one as complicated as Raisin-my sensitive dental bun! I'm hoping to pick him up this weekend. He will initially be in quarantine until he has had his RHD2 and a poo sample checked for any parasites. Then, let the bonding begin! Below are a couple of photos of my boys, both old and new.

Ink & Raisin

Benji, although I'm not quite sure if he is a 'Benji'?

Hi Frankie

Wonderful to see a photo of your new boy!

I know how much you loved Ink, and I'm grateful as you are that he slipped away peacefully :)

So you'll be doing the bonding yourself? :wave:

He has got a funky hair do hasn't he!
I will be doing the bonding yes, the rescue do offer it but I'm not sure I could stand the stress of Raisin being elsewhere for a week! The sensitive soul that she is.

He has got a funky hair do hasn't he!
I will be doing the bonding yes, the rescue do offer it but I'm not sure I could stand the stress of Raisin being elsewhere for a week! The sensitive soul that she is.

Yeah I completely understand :lol:

Back