• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost for words....

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
I just took a call regarding the rehoming of Mitchell and Gloria.

I was incredibly polite and asked her what accommodation she could provide them. She informed me she lived on a farm and had 5 rabbits already. I then asked for the size of the current set up and she just kept on saying 'we live on a farm, how big of a space do you want?'.....

I very calmly asked again how big the space was and she went mental on the phone saying 'Oh just forget it' and went on a rant and then hung up.

Proud of myself for sticking to my questions list, weeds out the dishonest people. Anyone who genuinely wanted to rehome them would happily chat about what accommodation they could provide them.

In a world where things can be obtained instantly, some people are not used to being challenged. The 'I want it so I'm getting it' mentality is what I'm up against apparently.

And the search continues.......

I just took a call regarding the rehoming of Mitchell and Gloria.

I was incredibly polite and asked her what accommodation she could provide them. She informed me she lived on a farm and had 5 rabbits already. I then asked for the size of the current set up and she just kept on saying 'we live on a farm, how big of a space do you want?'.....

I very calmly asked again how big the space was and she went mental on the phone saying 'Oh just forget it' and went on a rant and then hung up.

Proud of myself for sticking to my questions list, weeds out the dishonest people. Anyone who genuinely wanted to rehome them would happily chat about what accommodation they could provide them.

In a world where things can be obtained instantly, some people are not used to being challenged. The 'I want it so I'm getting it' mentality is what I'm up against apparently.

And the search continues.......

Sadly Rescues are on the receiving end of similar several times a week :cry:

She clearly wasn't a genuine caller, her charm of 'oh I'll rehome your pet to a lovely farm with plenty space' might work on some people but not me.

She was genuinely taken aback when I began to question the set up.

I just know that when or if I find them a home, it'll be exactly what they need.

As with many things, you have to kiss a few frogs, I guess ....... I'm sure you'll know the right home when it comes along :D

Back