• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant breeds

Hi all, moving to the country after Christmas and was thinking of Flemish giants. So the obvious thoughts that come to mind are more food, more poo and more chewed things! My question is character and temperament, what are they like? My other question is them as companions for my little lop, Alfie.

Rod

They are quite dog like, love attention
Follow you all over .. gentle giants!

I hope to own them one day :)

I've only met two. One was lovely (called Pepper), the other was horrible (called Abs). Abs would hunt you down to attack, pepper would hunt you down to snuggle.

You'd have to take into consideration the bonding. A giant could potentially hurt your little Alfie if they got into a fight during bonding.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've only met two. One was lovely (called Pepper), the other was horrible (called Abs). Abs would hunt you down to attack, pepper would hunt you down to snuggle.

You'd have to take into consideration the bonding. A giant could potentially hurt your little Alfie if they got into a fight during bonding.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you, suspected that could be a big issue. For that reason am I correct to be thinking a kit rather than a full grown (I was hoping to get a rescue) This is a catch 22 me thinks.

Rod

Last edited:
Oh if you already have a much smaller rabbit I wouldn't let them near each other as the giants don't realise their size.
Even the friendly ones can hurt a smaller rabbit by laying on them

Back