• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat activity Trees for a mini lop rabbit

Yes - I've been trying to find one suitable. One without the sleeping bed (like the hammock type) and that has low height platforms so they aren't jumping too far from one platform to another.

I've seen pictures on RU but am unable to find them :(

I got one from Lidl:

1908194_10101626006708318_865207382879081167_n.jpg

11231088_10101626007022688_6790506067859649792_n.jpg

11665613_10101626007267198_3779190022176866925_n.jpg

They get up on to the top level easily: they chewed the sisal balls off and threw them about :D No littering in the hidey hole either (I think I was lucky).

I had one like that for my ferrets - they destroyed it!
I never would have thought they'd get onto the upper level? Maybe I underestimate bunnies jumping capabilities....
Very lucky they don't mess inside it :)

I had one like that for my ferrets - they destroyed it!
I never would have thought they'd get onto the upper level? Maybe I underestimate bunnies jumping capabilities....
Very lucky they don't mess inside it :)
It's only about 2.5' tall. Lopsy will clear 2.5' without batting an eyelid: he used to jump on top of his run when we had him upstairs :roll: He jumps from the litter tray onto the windowsill; so, in the first picture, the black litter tray is about where the underbed storage box that they have now is, with the short side under the hayrack and the long bit along the back wall instead, so sort of where the cloth tunnel touches the wall. He will jump straight from there onto the middle of the windowsill without even thinking about it. Aboleth does the same but not so often. Both have binkied on the lawn up to 3' too: the pen is about 3' tall and they seemed well in line with the top, albeit quite far from the pen itself!

They're not big bunnies, but not that small either: both 2.3kg. Lopsy's got a huge foot area (I think that's a 'lop shape' thing) so I think he's more confident about jumping.

Mine are obviously lazy lops. Daphne is quite into jumping and will jump from one hide hole to the other and will often do a 3ft jump from floor to top of dig box. But Phoebe is a bit of a lazy girl / scardy cat when it comes to jumping - I think her biggest jump has been around 2 ft.

Thanks for all the responses, after my post this morning I did some google searches and had decided against getting one for various reasons...the bunny will eat the material, the bunny will wee and poo all over it, the bunny won't be able to jump onto it etc etc. But after reading the responses I think a small one could work quite well in a run area. I will keep my eye out for one :)

Back