• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The newly weds - Introducing Blue

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
As some of you know my lovely Desbun crossed to the bridge last week.

His partner Claudia is very timid so we felt we needed to bond her asap.

On Friday she went speed dating at Rabbit Residence Rescue, and the best match was newly returned 5 year old grey lop, Mr Magoo (now named Blue).

After 3 nights on my too short sofa they were bonded enough to move outside together into their new accommodation (we swapped them with another pair so it would be somewhere neutral for Claudia as she's territorial).

Things I've learnt, bonding my own rabbits is very stressful, Claudia is easily scared so can only cope with a gentle buck. Mr Magoo is nocturnal, he does bunny 500's at 11pm, 3am and 6am, neither Claudia or I were impressed with this. He also took a chunk out of the wall, threw the puppy pads around, chewed the blanket and weed and dug up the living room carpet!

On Monday Claudia decided Blue was ok and started seeking out his company. Blue had been sure from day one but had been getting frustrated as Claudia wouldn't groom him back although he'd groom and chin her all the time.

They've settled really well and having Claudia indoors has meant she's much less scared of me now. Blue is still a bit worried as he had to go to the vets to be vaccinated on Tuesday but is happy to have head rubs :)

Blue is my first lop as I usually try avoid them due to them being prone to health issues. He's twice Claudia's size at 3.18kg.

Last edited:
Oh he's gorgeous!

On a side note - what health problems are lops prone to out of interest? I've only ever had lops and they've only ever had the same issues as straight-eared buns in my experience :wave:

Aww...they make a lovely couple! :love:
Hoping they will continue to be very happy together. xxxx

Oh how darling. :love: I did wonder what was going to happen to Miss Claudia. Hope they have a good while together.

Oh how darling. :love: I did wonder what was going to happen to Miss Claudia. Hope they have a good while together.

Little princess Claudia Boops has a forever home with me, she may not be the friendliest bun around but I love her and she's not going anywhere. She actually let me give her some reassuring strokes when she was getting nervous during bonding. :love:

Back