• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiny cute wooden beds

Ranj77

Young Bun
Morning, I see that a lot of people have got these cute little wooden beds for their rabbits, they look great, where can you get them from? Do rabbits actually sleep on them or is it more of a novelty thing? I notice that they have a little blanket on them (again so cute) do the rabbits ever wee or poo on the blanket?

Sorry for all of the questions ;)

At the moment our hutch has a box with hidey holes, a litter tray, hay box, a couple of wooden toys, a plastic ball (that she doesn't use..) and a bridge (pets @ home) that she absolutely loves.

They are from IKEA (children's play section).

My buns like to sit on the beds, snooze and chew the wood. Bunnies are quite inquisitive by nature, so anything the can jump up on is usually a lot of fun for them.

Blankets - sometimes, yes. But they wash easily :)

I believe the beds are from Ikea & someone from here (I forget who) made fleece covers for them . Some rabbits really like weeing on soft things so it is a risk I guess

Rabbits are fickle creatures so its quite hard to predict how much they might use any toy you give them :)

I always look at the Ikea beds for the rabbits. But mine always pee on soft furnishings and I really don't have the time to keep washing their blankets so they'll have to live without one.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My buns loved their bed . . . to pee and poo all over! It doesn't matter whether it has soft furnishings on it or not (I lino'd the base to make it waterproof), they still use it as a toilet, so I had to take it away. :(

They definitely are ikea I love them but my boy will be too big for one.. and the fleece covers are in the charity section on the forum.

When I can't sleep I read all sorts here

Thanks, I will definitely look into buying one of them. There are so many cute little things that can be used in a hutch or run......so exciting, and expensive...

Back