• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I do feel sorry...

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
... for the bunnies in this heat.
I can see in my girls eyes how uncomfortable they are but they won't cuddle the cool bottles, lay on the marble etc and they insist on laying side by side.

Poor silly girls.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

luckily mabs lets me trim her hair very short, she has cooling mat that she uses and ice pod when really hot, bless them bonded rabbits often cuddle up even when its to warm

Poor phoebe is incredibly fluffy but won't let us trim her (she gets so worked up its not worth it) but she keeps adding distance between herself and Daphne but Daphne keeps crawling over to have the physical contact.

I try to put cool water on the outside of their ears with not much luck

We've been really lucky here, our house has stayed really cool today! I went outside to clean out Ragnar's litter tray and it was so hot out there.

I remember Poppy used to melt in the summer but wouldn't have the cold bottles or anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah mine huddle whatever the weather, I feel sorry for the bunny in the middle. I couldn't relax about my babies today, I had no idea it would get so hot & so didn't leave a window open or shut the blinds

Buns are so daft sometimes - was just chatting this weekend with our friend who works at Foal Farm. They give all their buns frozen bottles in the hot weather - which are completely ignored and the just huddle together. Silly creatures.

Yeah mine huddle whatever the weather, I feel sorry for the bunny in the middle. I couldn't relax about my babies today, I had no idea it would get so hot & so didn't leave a window open or shut the blinds
Poor middle bunnies
Hope it wasn't too hot when you got back. It's meant to get hot again today :( I'm dreading it
We've been really lucky here, our house has stayed really cool today! I went outside to clean out Ragnar's litter tray and it was so hot out there.

I remember Poppy used to melt in the summer but wouldn't have the cold bottles or anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Poor ragnar. How does he cope with the heat?
Our house was lovely and cool until around 5pm when the whole house turned into a sauna.

Buns are so daft sometimes - was just chatting this weekend with our friend who works at Foal Farm. They give all their buns frozen bottles in the hot weather - which are completely ignored and the just huddle together. Silly creatures.
Guinea pigs seem smarter when it comes to heat and frozen bottles. We used to give all the animals frozen bottles in the shop, bunnies would be confused but piggies would cuddle the bottles (one either side)

Mine start the same then do what Phoebe does and shuffle off, but in separate directions :) They're not keen on the ice bottle but will lie in its general vicinity...! Or chew the teatowel round it, throw it about... :evil: :lol: They didn't get it last night as it was quite cool and breezy at home and they were quite perky: running around like lunatics then lying down for 10mins, all evening.

Back