• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Decision has been made....rehoming my 2 French Lops

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
We lost our 6 year old French lop last week, it was so upsetting but her body condition went downhill very fast and arthritis had set in.

The other 2 are only a year and half but if truth be told....I'm not attached to them at all (I have spoken about this previously). I have had 4 amazing bunnies in my lifetime and miss them terribly however, I just can't feel that love towards these two no matter how hard I try. :cry:

They are cared for and will never be ignored however, I feel like they can give so much joy to someone.

They will be staying with me until a suitable home comes forward, if that takes months/years or doesn't happen.... they'll always have a home with me but if someone comes along that needs two frenchies in their lives....who am I to prevent that from happening. They deserve to be loved and be someone's sunshine.

We lost our 6 year old French lop last week, it was so upsetting but her body condition went downhill very fast and arthritis had set in.

The other 2 are only a year and half but if truth be told....I'm not attached to them at all (I have spoken about this previously). I have had 4 amazing bunnies in my lifetime and miss them terribly however, I just can't feel that love towards these two no matter how hard I try. :cry:

They are cared for and will never be ignored however, I feel like they can give so much joy to someone.

They will be staying with me until a suitable home comes forward, if that takes months/years or doesn't happen.... they'll always have a home with me but if someone comes along that needs two frenchies in their lives....who am I to prevent that from happening. They deserve to be loved and be someone's sunshine.

I am very sorry for your recent loss. I am also sorry that you have not been able to form any sort of bond with the youngsters. Are you going to list them on here for Rehoming ? If so this link tells you how to go about doing so :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...post-Rabbits-needing-rehoming-READ-THIS-FIRST

Hi Jane,

Yes they are listed on there. I will be home checking and transporting them to their new homes personally.

Thank you for not judging my decision, their day to day needs are being met and will always be met however, they deserve someone who will be emotionally involved with them. xx

I'm sorry you lost your little lady. It was pure love whenever I read what you said about her.

It's lovely that you are putting their needs first. Although you can provide minimums it's lovely you recognise they could get so much more in another home.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you lost your little lady. It was pure love whenever I read what you said about her.

It's lovely that you are putting their needs first. Although you can provide minimums it's lovely you recognise they could get so much more in another home.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you for understanding, they will be with me for life if needs be however, they deserve to be loved and fussed over....someone's little fur babies. I remember that feeling well especially the love I had for Rodge and Orla.

It sounds like you're doing absolutely the right thing :D

I am glad you'll be home checking. In my view, much better than handing over to a rescue centre

Good luck xx

Hi Jane,

Yes they are listed on there. I will be home checking and transporting them to their new homes personally.

Thank you for not judging my decision, their day to day needs are being met and will always be met however, they deserve someone who will be emotionally involved with them. xx

Certainly no judging from me :)

So sorry for your recent loss.
No judging from here neither, you're doing totally the right thing and I wish you lots of luck finding a suitable home for them xx

I wish I could offer them a home French lops are my absolute favourite..
But I couldn't take them on because I'd be scared of vets bills costs for more than one bunny

Aww it must be such a difficult decision for you but its amazingly selfless that you are able to put their needs above yours so that's something positive, I think we can all relate to what your saying... over my time I raised several rats but one in particular called June was and always will be the golden star, I said I would never get another like her and I never did, another rat Ruby, no matter how hard I tried I just didn't "feel" anything for her, couldn't bond... your feelings are natural and its part of life, don't feel bad xxx

They are stunning Rabbits. If I hear of anyone specifically looking for Frenchies I will point them in the direction of your two x

Jane that is so kind of you, I'm willing to travel for the right home. The photos don't do them justice, Gloria's coat is even glossier in person. Mitchell is still going through a moult at the moment so looks a little scruffy.

Aw well done for making a difficult decision. Sorry to hear about your loss. I think you're doing the right thing to rehome the other two. Sometimes you just don't connect with an animal even if they are lovely. I had three rabbits years ago and the female (although died a while ago) is still in my heart, but the two males I just didn't have an attachment to, even though there was nothing wrong with them. They were rehomed and they went to really loving homes and I know they were happier there. I hope you find a really great home for them soon :)

Aw well done for making a difficult decision. Sorry to hear about your loss. I think you're doing the right thing to rehome the other two. Sometimes you just don't connect with an animal even if they are lovely. I had three rabbits years ago and the female (although died a while ago) is still in my heart, but the two males I just didn't have an attachment to, even though there was nothing wrong with them. They were rehomed and they went to really loving homes and I know they were happier there. I hope you find a really great home for them soon :)

Nothing wrong with my 2 either, they are so clean and tidy with their litter trays and the biggest hay eaters i've ever came across!
Whoever ends up taking them will be very lucky and hopefully fall in love with them immediately!

I think you are making a very selfless decision, I hope you find someone suitable for them soon. If you follow the link in Jane's post you can also post them in the rabbits in need section in here, you might find an RU member that would want to offer them a home :thumb:

Nothing wrong with my 2 either, they are so clean and tidy with their litter trays and the biggest hay eaters i've ever came across!
Whoever ends up taking them will be very lucky and hopefully fall in love with them immediately!

They are lovely, and have splendid, unique names :love:

Back