• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need some help

L

lucy1118

Hello im lucy

Ive got 3x rabbits a 1 year old cashmere male called party boy, a 1 year old female called lola and a 16 week old female lop called smack.

I resuced the smack recentlyfrom some people who moved house and left her behind with out telling any one...

But i'm now haveing a lot of problems between her and my lovely but vey territorial female bunny lola. I have had to section off an area of the garden for this new rabbit to livebut lola is so agressive towards her shes trying to dig her way under the fencing to attack her.

do you have any suggestions on at least getting lola to be a bit less mean to this little bunny.

thanks byyeeeee

Hi Lucy and welcome!

Are any of your bunnies neutered? If not, this could be one of the causes of your problem, another could be territorial rights.

i nead some help

Hello Lucy :D . I agree with Lynda. Let us know if the bunnies are nuetered then we can try to help from there.
You say Lola is trying to dig through to smack. Is there any possibility she could dig her way out of the run into the garden and run away. Some of us put wire panels or chicken wire on the grass and put lots of tent pegs in to keep it in place. This will stop the bunnies from digging out and escaping. The grass will grow through the wire until you can't see it :D .

Hello Lucy and welcome, it sounds like the most likely thing is to have her neutered if she isn't already done, but bunnies have a natural curiousity for each other and maybe Lola needs to go and sort things out with Smack her being the newbie. I would get them both neutered if you can as this will calm things right down. And also perhaps strengthen up the runs, so there is absolutely no way they could get to each other.

let us know how things go.

annie

Hi Lucy - I see from the members list that you are in Northampton - not far from me then!!

I agree with what others have said - I think neutering would be the answer. I am having Honey done next week at the Cat & Rabbit Clinic in Duston as it has been recommended to me.

Have you tried them together at all? It may be that Lola just wants to say hello rather than attack - keep a very close watch though, just in case!!

Thanks

Thank you all for your help my male rabbit is neutered but the 2 females are not. I will definatly look into haveing lola neutered and have dug chicken wire into the ground around her run. That will just leave me with the task of finding smack a lovely boyfriend im sure this will have its own problems but not just yet after what shes been through she needs some time to recover.

But shes doing so well and really loving her freedom in her section of the garden after being kept locked up in a tiny cage for so long.

but i think that lola is a bit of a meany by character and loves to tell party boy off when he does some thing wrong!!!!

thanks

Back