• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys

Pablo2013

Warren Scout
Why do bunnies binky? Is it REALLY happiness? Pablos only ever done it inside and obviously we moved him back indoors yesterday after loosing his wife of 3 years Lexi. And since then hes been the most active, joyus, binking bunny ive ever known him to be!!!! Its seems kind of strange i excepted him to be sad not over joyed! But to be fair when they were outdoors he always looked pretty glum i thought he was just lazy? Is he trying to attract a new mate? Courtship dancing with the dogs? Or just happy? It is a lovley sight dont get me wrong x

I think it's perhaps the change of scenery - maybe very excited to be indoors?

My outside buns get very excited when they can come inside for a while. And when there is something "new" - that's exciting! And when they get told off - naughty binkies!

My little Pepper has been binkying like a bun possessed this evening - because I put a plastic bag on the floor next to me :D She was thrilled!

Why do bunnies binky? Is it REALLY happiness? Pablos only ever done it inside and obviously we moved him back indoors yesterday after loosing his wife of 3 years Lexi. And since then hes been the most active, joyus, binking bunny ive ever known him to be!!!! Its seems kind of strange i excepted him to be sad not over joyed! But to be fair when they were outdoors he always looked pretty glum i thought he was just lazy? Is he trying to attract a new mate? Courtship dancing with the dogs? Or just happy? It is a lovley sight dont get me wrong x

The exact same thing happened when Benjamin lost his partner, I thought he would be lost without her, but since coming back indoors for the last few years he has never been happier!

Ours do it more when we're outside with them, rather than watching from the window: I suppose if the feel safe enough to practice their getaway runs, jumps and twists, they'll do so.

My girls do it when we reorganise the front room. It's like a whole new playground and they can't control their excitement.
Many rabbits are happier living inside so I think they do it when they feel happy & safe

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back