• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panicking over nothing?

TanzyPan

Alpha Buck
Hi guys we got aubreys brother this afternoon.
We've named him Robin !
He's been fine at where he was from, he's been on his own in the rabbit hotel the place runs , had his jabs
Pooing normal while there and looks and feels really healthy.

His house is indoors and we popped him straight in it and have given him some space to settle .

Well his coop has a ledge that is higher up , I bought a step so he can get up and down it but it's not been delivered yet.
He's gone up the ledge and has been there since we brought him back.
I'm worried he's stuck but i also don't want to pester him If he isn't.
But he hasn't moved from up there.
I opened the door and had a peep and he was laying down happy but I haven't seen any poos... instant worry after what we have been through with Aubrey!!
I popped a bowl up there and some hay and you here him having a munch often and I'm sure I've heard him flop over and lay down .

My biggest worry is that if he's stuck and can't get to his water bottle... should i lift him down and then leave him alone or wait till morning??

Thanks tanz

My guess is that it's easier to jump down than to jump up (which is how I am imagining he has got up on the ledge) and so I would be pretty confident that he could jump down.

However, if he doesn't I really don't think it would stress him very much if you quickly lifted him down. That's what I would do anyway:)

Welcome to the forum baby Robin :wave:

He got up there very easy .. like half a hop
My partner reckons he'll come down on his own too .

I'd just feel happier going to bed knowing he'd had a drink

He got up there very easy .. like half a hop
My partner reckons he'll come down on his own too .

I'd just feel happier going to bed knowing he'd had a drink

I really would lift him down very quickly :) It'll put your mind at rest.

I think I will do before bed. I just had a quick peep and he is pooing normal but it's where he is sitting .

Hopefully that's a habit I will be able to break

Instead of moving him, perhaps take the water to him? If he drinks then he's either a) stuck, or b) lazy. If he does drink, then perhaps move him but at least you'll know he's had a drink and therefore you can go to bed happy :)

I moved him down and showed him the water bottle by making the noise and he has had a huge drink.
I've also put his poos in his litter tray !

I think he was stuck , he's snooping around his pen now in peace I was watching him via the kitchen window .
His coop is in the conservatory :)

I moved him down and showed him the water bottle by making the noise and he has had a huge drink.

I think he was stuck , he's snooping around his pen now in peace I was watching him via the kitchen window .

:D

Well done :D

And welcome to a wonderful new life, baby Robin :wave:

He can get up and down on his own now quiet happily.
Just needed to be shown he has more space I think .
Nice big wee in the corner of his litter box and healthy poos!!

But he's a very weary guy .. thumps when he see me :(
He's double the size of Aubrey even though aubreys illness made him thin Robins head and ears are massive

Oh bless him, he will settle in, just needs time, sounds like you're a wonderful bunny parent xx

Haven't seen him poo for hours now and I'm becoming anxious .
Don't think km cut out for rabbit keeping any more.

I had two in the past that was no problems at all and now I'm worried about every little thing since Aubrey :(

I had two in the past that was no problems at all and now I'm worried about every little thing since Aubrey :(

Is his eating and drinking OK ?

He hasn't drank in a while but he's eating and did actually just do some poos.. a little soft but I think it's because he managed to get into a bag of dried dandelions he shouldn't have.

His tummy feels fine

Hopefully he will begin to feel 'at home' soon. It is a big deal for a kit to leave their siblings and move to what is to them a strange environment.

Bunny keeping can certainly be stressful. But it does get easier with time :D

I think my anxiety is just high .. I am a sufferer and loosing Aubrey has made me worst than ever but I was just sat with him and he is eating hay and pellets like a trooper and his poo is hard again .

I need to learn how to post some pics :)

Back