• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I'm in love....

MrsCoultas

Mama Doe
So I've finally convinced MrC that it would be wise to think about getting Raggy a companion. We are both still hurting from the loss of Poppy, but I have been saying it will be in the nest interest of Ragnar. But he has finally agreed with me.

And I started looking for female rabbits and came across some gorgeous angora rabbits. Something that I really need is physical contact with an animal, something Poppy wasn't about and Ragnar does like a cuddle but he does prefer to explore. I've researched angoras before and understand the daily grooming etc. I have been in contact with the rescue and waiting for someone else to contact me after an initial chat with one of rescuers.

But in my usual erraticness, I've already planned the rabbits journey herein my mind, bonding with Ragnar etc and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up. I can't help it though. I'm in love and I know i won't be able to stop thinking about it until I've got an answer. I'm just impatient I guess!

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, other than we're ready to get another rabbit now!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, other than we're ready to get another rabbit now!

Really good news :thumb: Hope you get a good response from the rescue.

btw Have you told Raggy?

btw Have you told Raggy?

Not yet, it's his birthday tomorrow so we'll wait until after ;) [emoji38] not sure how he's going to take it, I think he has enjoyed being a bachelor but I also think he's ready to settle down now lol

So I've finally convinced MrC that it would be wise to think about getting Raggy a companion. We are both still hurting from the loss of Poppy, but I have been saying it will be in the nest interest of Ragnar. But he has finally agreed with me.

And I started looking for female rabbits and came across some gorgeous angora rabbits. Something that I really need is physical contact with an animal, something Poppy wasn't about and Ragnar does like a cuddle but he does prefer to explore. I've researched angoras before and understand the daily grooming etc. I have been in contact with the rescue and waiting for someone else to contact me after an initial chat with one of rescuers.

But in my usual erraticness, I've already planned the rabbits journey herein my mind, bonding with Ragnar etc and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up. I can't help it though. I'm in love and I know i won't be able to stop thinking about it until I've got an answer. I'm just impatient I guess!

I think we are all impatient when we've decided to get another bunny :D

Good luck with the rescue

Hello MrsC, I wonder where you are in the country. The Rescue where I help out as a volunteer has a lovely Angora doe, Dora, very young, but she is spayed, vaccinated and microchipped. She is white with orange patches on her back and blue eyes. I *ahem* rescued her from a pet shop as we were concerned she would end up in the wrong hands. At the Rescue we sometimes get long haired rabbits who are matted up when people struggle to groom them or just don't bother. This bunny is very laid back, but she does have a couple of problems - the lady who runs the Rescue seems to think she has a problem with her eyesight, and she sometimes gets a bit of a snotty nose, we are not sure if it's an allergy. If you are close enough maybe you could contact the Rescue if you are interested. We are in North Lincolnshire. If you would like to look at her first, our FB page is Scunthorpe Rabbit Rescue.

Back