• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

None Posting Accounts

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Can someone who is a registered RU member but who never posts on the Forum use the PM facility to contact an individual member ?

I really can't see any reason why they would not be able to do this. The two seem to be separate functions.

I really can't see any reason why they would not be able to do this. The two seem to be separate functions.

I had a feeling that members had to make a certain number of posts (5 ??) before they could PM other members :?

My daughter is a non-posting member. She pops in occasionally if she can't get me anywhere else, to see if I'm still alive. She hasn't pm'd me though.

yeah, 5-10 posts first is the rule on a lot of forums so that people can't use the PM function to spam others etc. I dunno about this forum though. When I first joined I was able to PM the mods when I'm pretty sure I had less than 5 posts but maybe it's only mods you can PM, or maybe they enabled the PM function on my account (they PM'd me first).

You have to have made at least one post to use the PM system. We do it to stop spammers joining and just using the PM system to spam.

Back