• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Two Bonded Pairs

Towsbuns

Mama Doe
I know that lots of you are experts at this so I thought I would pick your brains. I have a bonded pair Honey (who I have had since a baby as a partner for Alfie who we lost in June) and Hobo who we have had since June. We are now thinking of having two more and are thinking along the lines of picking the ones that keep getting overlooked because of their colour or whatever and wondered what you all think would be best:
Two separate buns and introduce them one at a time or an already bonded pair and introduce two to two gradually. The intention is to eventually have them loose in a shed all together.

Sounds like a wonderful idea. well done. I find this a tricky one, having only done bonding more than two a couple of times and it can depend on the temperaments of the new bunnies and the old. Calm laid back bunnies tend to go with it a lot easier, I find, than a stressy one, but I will stop, and point you in the direction of the in-house bonding expert:

SHANTEL......

Bring all 4 rabbits to me and leave them for a week or two and I'll do it for you.

The last time I put 4 together it was two x two bonded pairs.
Done in my big rabbit block as neuteral territory. Took me about two weeks before I got there.

Oh and the rabbits in question were two french lops- male, british giant-female and a little dwarf lop-male.

Tracy

Ooooo, well done Tracy *looks for the 'clapping' emoticon............. nope, can't see one :roll: * Did you have referees standing by or was it all quite calm? :lol:

It looks like I didn't read things properly........the frenchies then....nice buns just need some TLC and a big open high space!

Karen no I meant when I put Milton, Merlin, Snowy and Tiggy together last year.

As for referees It was a bit heated for a few days but the males were the first to sort things out it was that large madam that caused the most problems.

Would i be better to add another girl to my buns then? and then try bonding all four? as at the min i have miffy and claude living together and william on his own

got the wrong end of the stick then! I always found that the girls caused more throuble than the boys!!

Back