• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very sad at the minute

i have to get pixie and daisy the new nethies rehomed i think. my other 8 hate the new buns but i could cope with this my putting a metal panel fence around the nethies house to stop fights. I think it might have been mightymax who mentioned i would have to watch out for referred aggression. Both the top buns out of both the quads are chasing and bullying their partners. I am heartbroken but i cant risk any of my quads bonds going. There are no rescues near me only pets at home adoption and i dont want to send them there. Does anyone have any advice on where i could find a good home for them. I think i might be ok waiting a while for a home, just dont know where to find one. :cry:

i have to get pixie and daisy the new nethies rehomed i think. my other 8 hate the new buns but i could cope with this my putting a metal panel fence around the nethies house to stop fights. I think it might have been mightymax who mentioned i would have to watch out for referred aggression. Both the top buns out of both the quads are chasing and bullying their partners. I am heartbroken but i cant risk any of my quads bonds going. There are no rescues near me only pets at home adoption and i dont want to send them there. Does anyone have any advice on where i could find a good home for them. I think i might be ok waiting a while for a home, just dont know where to find one. :cry:

Oh my goodness I'm so very sad to read this :(

You are such an angel to your bunnies, it's a pity but I completely understand.

I will put my thinking hat on and try and come up with something ........ ((((( hugs )))))

aww bless you. It upsetting the dynamics of your eight really means you have no choice doesn't it. You've still done great with rescuing them, part of their journey to their forever home. I too will have a think x

yes i have to think, if one of my quads breaks up where do i put them? I cant even let the quads out in the house without boarding the nethies pen up, and then they can still smell them. The top buns are feeling threatened i think, they are constantly humping the others.

It's heartbreaking but you are doing the right thing in putting the needs of your existing buns first.mi wish I was in a position to take them for you. Sending hugs x

I'm sorry you are in this position, you have done your best to make everything work, I think it would be the only way of making sure your original groups stay happy.

You could arrange for them to be posted on rabbits in need section on here, maybe someone on here might be able to offer them a home?

Hugs xx

i didnt know if i was allowed to post in that section, thought it was for rescues. I will take some photos of them tomorrow. Id rather them go to someone who comes on RU and me know where they are going. If that doesnt work i would then have to contact rescues. Thanks for all your kind words, in my heart i know im doing the right thing for my original 8 but its really not fair of these 2 little ones, they have had 3 homes now already and not even 1yr old. These are brill little buns too. :(

I'm sorry things haven't worked out, but I totally understand your predicament. You can't have all hell breaking loose with the other eight buns.

It might be a stupid question, but is housing them in the garden an option, somewhere well away from the other rabbits run? Am I right in thinking they still live inside currently? Obviously I understand not everyone likes to keep them outside x

i didnt know if i was allowed to post in that section, thought it was for rescues. I will take some photos of them tomorrow. Id rather them go to someone who comes on RU and me know where they are going. If that doesnt work i would then have to contact rescues. Thanks for all your kind words, in my heart i know im doing the right thing for my original 8 but its really not fair of these 2 little ones, they have had 3 homes now already and not even 1yr old. These are brill little buns too. :(

You need to PM a mod to do it for you, with their details. There's a sticky thread in there to tell you what to do :thumb: none of this is your fault xx

I am so sorry that you are now in this position. In my view, you have absolutely no choice, as upsetting as that must be. Rabbits as we know are very complex creatures and I do not think that the issue would resolve itself so that they could all live happily close to each other.

I really hope you can sort something suitable out.

Is it possible to put them as far away as possible from the others? I expect you have already thought of this. I feel so sorry for the bunnies, and for you also. Some times things don't always go how we would like them to.

me and my husband have been up most of the night thinking about what we can do. I really dont want to let these buns down so the bun shed that we converted for outside play for all the buns, we are going to upgrade that and try them in there. Its not 100% safe for unsupervised use so we will have to mesh the top floor and add a wall on top of the ramp to the top so they cant jump up there. The shed is 7ft by 6ft with 3 levels but we are going to build an aviary. But this means the green house will have to be moved, but to do this we have to take a fence down and shift loads of rubbish from behind it and hire a skip. So all in all its going to take money and time to build the aviary but we can do the bun shed in 2 weeks and have that ready. They will still be able to have free range in the garden with us through the day taking turns with the other 8. im really upset just contemplating them going so i dont think i will be able to do it. It might even be a plus for 8 buns because the pen i made for the nethies will then be made available for the bottom quad via a hole cut in their hutch to give them more space. Thanks RU i knew you lot would come up with some ideas xxxxxxxxxx

Brilliant :love: Lucky rabbits.

I was secretly hoping that you would find a way to keep them :D

I've followed the thread but not had time to comment. I'm glad you managed to come up with a plan for your little Nethie girls. :)

Back