• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box for bunnies that eat everything!

Vjeverica

New Kit
Okay, so I've been planning on making a digging box for my Pumpkin and Kale, the internet says the best ones are with shredded paper or bits of cardboard and stuff. However, paper and cardboard are their fav food, i have to keep anything of the sorts far away from them because they are capable of eating a whole a4 paper in minutes, its insane. And i read that too much paper or cardboard can cause serious problems, so putting it in a digging box is not really an idea. Filling the box with dirt is not an idea either because they are in my room, and it would be impossible to clean. Litter that im using for their litter box is kinda expensive so i'm a bit reluctant in using it for that, and timothy hay is hard to come by in my area so i am reluctant to use that too because i dont have much money to spare. But they really need a digging box, especially Kale that is digging trough their litter box, flinging poo and pee everywhere, trying to dig trough hay bag, carpet, floor, my foot, wood on their house... he's driving me crazy, especially because his favourite time to dig is from 6 am on. So i need advice and help and sleep xD

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have you tried a big litter tray with newspaper on the bottom topped up with hay? My rabbits can spend hours munching on the hay and doing their toilet at the same time. :thumb: All my "lot" seem happy enough without a digging box - are your bunnies neutered?

They are both neutered. I tried putting stuff on bottom of the littet box but that just makes both of them dig because they want to eat the paper xD same goes with putting hay in the litterbox itself because they are picky and if they think there is more of their fav piece of hay in the litter box, they will dig and dig and dig. Its mostly Kale that does the digging, the male bunny. Its not the litter material that bothers them, because Kale goes on periods of not digging, and then periods of digging, and if it was a litter problem then he would be angry at it all the time.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back