• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating me out of hay and home!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
The bloomin' little things are scoffing hay like the Apocalypse is coming! Do you think it might be to do with day length, or forage quality? Because it surely ain't to do with temperature! I'm filling up almost daily at the moment, and I haven't done that since Easter. I would assume day length as they are trying to put weight on for winter? Gave them some grass yesterday and it was gone in <1min. OK, it wasn't the biggest handful but woah, crazy bunnies!

Doesn't help that I've run out of easily-accessible hay so I need the OH to help me move one of the bales into the easily-accessible position!

Are yours going crazier for food?

Mine seem to have increased their intake too. They emptied their hay tower yesterday (takes about 1.5kg of hay). As you say, it's probably to do with the seasonal changes.

However, they're more active lately. As a type they're running around the house like loonies. Normally they're asleep under the piano at this time.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back