• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiya everyone and Contrats

bunnytales

Mama Doe
Yipeeeee - I'm soooooo glad this forum is up and running. Many congrats to Adele (My long time buddy) and Tamsin for a great idea. I'm sure this forum can only be good for bunny welfare and helpful to folks like me - bunny slave that I am.

To give you some info re this Bunny mad woman from Bromsgrove - I brought my first bunny from a petstore 3 years ago (Buffy) - bit of an impulsive buy you could say but from the moment I had Buffy I was smitten and went on to learn as much as I could about bunnies and their cute little ways - now three years on and hopefully wiser in the ways of the bunny world we recently feel in love with Cagney who we had from the lovely Tracy at Rabbit and G. Pig Welfare at Rugby - so Buffs and Cagney now live the pampered life as totally free range house bunnies.
To try and help a little I also do a quarterly news letter for my local Vets to try and promote better welfare for bunnies and this is great fun and working quite well.

I feel I know most of you a little from the TF Forum as although I didn't get the chance to participate much I was always reading all the postings so its lovely to see all the familar names starting to appear.

Look forward to talking to you all on future topics.

Over and Out

Hello there my bestest Buddy...so fantastic to see you posting on the forum, and what a lovely introduction!.
I can confirm that Lany is as mad as a hatter, and this is probably why we get on so well!!.
Buffy and Cagney are such cute and pretty Lops and I have the pleasure of being Foster Mum to the girlies when Lany is on holiday..which is not often enough for my liking..do not take that the wrong way Lany!! :lol:

Are we still on for this horse riding lark soon then??..are you hot to trot and all that...we could have a horse race and get Forum members to place bets on the winnner to raise funds for rabbit rescues!! :D
I will gallop off now, before you murder me Lany, and thank you so much for your good luck wishes and we will need them with this crazy lot who have joined up already..JOKE!!!!!!! :wink:

Hello Lany, nice to 'meet' you! Nice to know another bunny mad person. Im Angela and now have 10 housebunnies none of which have manners or are nice to me and conspire against me!

Angela

Welcome to the forum :) Doing a newsletter for your vet sounds a very good idea. I wonder if we could try the same thing for other vet practices. I know mine sends out a newsletter which often has a tip on rabbit care such as vaccination or flystrike.

Tamsin

Thanks all for the welcomes - you all seem a real cheery lot - so I can see loads of fun on the horizon!!

Tams - The Newsletter I do is part funded by the RWF as a project to see if it will work for other practices - We've done two quarterly ones so far and I'm learning quite a bit along the way. The first one I did was a bit long as it was a four sided leaflet and the Vet Practice thought it was too much info to take - so point taken I've now adjust it to one topic per news letter on a single sided sheet. It also gives me the opportuntity to give plugs to organisations such as Adeles and your own.
It generally seems to be going down well at the Vets and you do have to persist in chasing them to get content approval etc as they are soooooooo busy - as you would expect! - but so far the results are paying off and its good fun as I get to work with one of the Veterinary Nurses who has 12 bunnies and 32!!!!!!!!! G.Pigs - what can I say :shock:

Forgive me if this comes up in a sort of double format - still getting the hang of all this - I've obviously led a very sheltered life :lol:

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome - really looking forward to learning more about bunns and chating to like minded folk.

Tams - Re the Vet News letter - RWF are part funding me to do these as a trial project for them with a view to doing a feature in one of their issues to encourage other folks to have a go.
I've learnt a lot since I started doing the quarterly News Letter - we've done two so far - the first one was a bit of a mega issue - 4 x pages long which quite rightly the Vets thought was a bit too heavy for the more normal bunny keeper (what! - me not normal!!) so we've trimed it down to one sheet now and one topic which works much easier and is more managable time wise for me.
Its a good idea though - I get to work with one of the Veterinary Nurses who produces it with me and then it goes to one of the Vet Partners to be checked before issue - and I also get to mention other areas of interest such as Guardian Angels and sites like Rabbit Rehome and Rescues etc.
The Vet Nurse I work with has 12 Bunnies and 32!!!!!!! G.Pigs :shock:

When we do the next one I'll slip in a mention for you and the new forum.

Over and Out

:D Hi Lizzie, Sunshine and thanks to everyone who has made me feel really welcome on the Forum - now all I need to do is get the hang of Avatars and photo attachments ------- ah!!!! technology - aint it great -

Lizzie - your certainly right about the mad Adele woman in Worcester - sandwich short of a picknic I reckon - but lovely with it - Ha - Ha -

Look forward to mail chats of the future buddies

Over and Out

Back