• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oatigrass

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
The latest delivery of oatigrass is here :) Joey Boo & Mouse love this stuff - mind you they were on "graze-on " before this, considerably cheaper at £6 for 15 kilos :lol:

IMG_4212_zpsvcvm6wgw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4210_zpsrvyr9z3n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4213_zpstlw42ngn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How can you trust them not to nick secret little holes in all the bags? :lol:

(Perhaps Waitrose will pay you for the photos!)

Hmm pampered rabbits :lol: Mine are making do with home-dried garden grass at the moment :lol:

I refuse to admit that I know what they would prefer :lol:

mm- I took the photo & popped em straight in the bunny cupboard before any self helpings :) Bunnies sulking as it isn't oatigrass time

Omi - pampered is the word, I shop at Aldi, the bunnies shop at Waitrose - home dried grass is very resourceful

mm- I took the photo & popped em straight in the bunny cupboard before any self helpings :) Bunnies sulking as it isn't oatigrass time

Omi - pampered is the word, I shop at Aldi, the bunnies shop at Waitrose - home dried grass is very resourceful

I'm not surprised the bunnies were sulking.

Wouldn't you if you were popped straight in the bunny cupboard?? :?

(What's the number for the RSPCA? .....) :lol:

I'm not surprised the bunnies were sulking.

Wouldn't you if you were popped straight in the bunny cupboard?? :?

(What's the number for the RSPCA? .....) :lol:

but its Boo that is the stickler for routine & their second readigrass feed is not til midnight. I do feel a tiny bit mean I guess:oops: but not that much:lol:

but its Boo that is the stickler for routine & their second readigrass feed is not til midnight. I do feel a tiny bit mean I guess:oops: but not that much:lol:

What I was referring to was:

I took the photo & popped em straight in the bunny cupboard

I just think that's a pretty mean thing to do to your bunnies :lol:

What I was referring to was:

I took the photo & popped em straight in the bunny cupboard

I just think that's a pretty mean thing to do to your bunnies :lol:

I mean the hay bale & bunny carrier cupboard / larder - silly pants :lol:

Mine weren't that keen on the oatigrass. I have an order of timothy readigrass coming from the Hay Experts tomorrow. Just hope I can sneak it in the house before my husband notices ANOTHER parcel being delivered :lol:.

Geez!

Do you have many bags?

Well I had two bags of it. It's not that they hate it but I'd been giving them a basketfull of oatigrass and a basketfull of readigrass each day and I noticed that they scoffed all the readigrass and only ate the other one much later after all the readigrass had gone. I've been giving them bits of the oatigrass mixed in with the readigrass and I've got it down to half a bag left.

Well I had two bags of it. It's not that they hate it but I'd been giving them a basketfull of oatigrass and a basketfull of readigrass each day and I noticed that they scoffed all the readigrass and only ate the other one much later after all the readigrass had gone. I've been giving them bits of the oatigrass mixed in with the readigrass and I've got it down to half a bag left.

Mine were the opposite but as I mentioned their readigrass was the brittle & bitty "graze on", your readigrass is probably a lot nicer

Mine aren't too fussed by readigrass: they go and eat hay halfway through then come back :roll: But there's good grass-picking places all through Winter so I won't be buying any more.

I always feel mean when I get the pellets bag out and refill the icecream tub I use as a daily dispenser: they shark at me and beg their little legs off, but I don't give in! OH sometimes sneaks them 'things' (usually just a bit of forage!).

Ooohhh this looks exciting!!! What's the difference between oat readigrass and readigrass?? The normal readigrass made Olivers sludge worse I thought.

Ooohhh this looks exciting!!! What's the difference between oat readigrass and readigrass?? The normal readigrass made Olivers sludge worse I thought.

hi nicky, I'm assuming the oatigrass (as I call it) is grass grown from oats. I don't know how that pans out for sludge buns though. How is Oliver?

Back