• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Just wondering what your opinions where on rabbit insurance . l need lifetime cover with top pay outs ;) I spent over 2000 on my un insurance rabbits so far and bill still going! :lol: Who do you think pays out the easiest?:thumb:

I always say Petplan. They only offer a lifetime policy and pay up to £2,000 per condition, per year. (This is the highest limit I have found).

The only trouble you will have is that pre-existing conditions will not be covered under any insurance policy.

So if you're treating dental issues at the moment, your insurance will not cover dental issues under any circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I am looking at right now, they could eat through that 2000 with CT scans etc. Does your insurance rise each year with them?

Do you mean does the £2000 get more? If so, no.
If you mean does the premium I pay each month go up, then yes. But I call each year and challenge the change.

Petplan used to offer a platinum cover, which offered more than a £2,000 limit - it may be worth calling and asking but as said, anything pre-existing won't be covered so if a CT was to be used to diagnose something already existing that cost won't be covered anyway.

Interestingly i have been on the phone to pet plan this morning they seem the best of all those i have called over the last few days. Also i mentioned that bubbles has had stasis twice. They put me on the phone to the under writers and have been advised that once he is 12 month clear of stasis it will be covered, i appreciate this isnt a disease but gastro problems are well recognised by insurance companies as they are so common and in this case i was worried they wouldn't get covered ever.

So although they can be funny over pre-existing my suggestion is push your luck and get an under writer on the phone for further info. nothing ventured nothing gained i say :lol:

Interestingly i have been on the phone to pet plan this morning they seem the best of all those i have called over the last few days. Also i mentioned that bubbles has had stasis twice. They put me on the phone to the under writers and have been advised that once he is 12 month clear of stasis it will be covered, i appreciate this isnt a disease but gastro problems are well recognised by insurance companies as they are so common and in this case i was worried they wouldn't get covered ever.

So although they can be funny over pre-existing my suggestion is push your luck and get an under writer on the phone for further info. nothing ventured nothing gained i say [emoji38]
I'm glad they agreed to the 12 month thing. They're normally really good in that sense. :)

The reason I haven't suggested trying a 12 month free in this case is because it sounds as if the problems is extensive and hasn't been diagnosed so doubt the company would be happy to do an exclusion period.

I would say PetPlan. I have seen others that were cheaper but I chose PetPlan as Maisy is with Vets4Pets and they go straight to PetPlan. Never had to use it so far however the benefits I get from being with them makes me glad I chose them. They are worth a look at :)

Back