• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor/indoor play litter training

popcorn77

New Kit
My 2 rabbits are outdoors, one is in at the moment but will be moving him out soon when we get a shed. They are both ok with using litter trays in their cages but wee everywhere when the come indoors to play which they love to do (and more attention this way). Will they use their cage litter trays in the living room if I bring it in while they are playing or is this a bit much for them to know. Bit of background they are male and female living apart as not yet neutered. Also the baby male age 8 weeks keeps nipping, not aggressively but I think for attention maybe and when I hold him he seems happy and relaxed eyes shut relaxed heartbeat etc but licks and nips my clothesand skin! Also was on my phone and he ran up and started biting it so I put it down then he bit my hand. Also chewing everything in site lol.

he sounds a bit hormonal to me but that is very young for hormones. The weeing indoors is marking territory and will calm/stop once they are neutered and bonded. The nipping could be so he gets your attention but still its an unwanted behavior for when he gets older, and if the nips get harder. Iknow how we stopped the dogs when pups by just moving away from them and not petting after they nip. They realized if they nudged they get strokes if they give nips we walked away, took a while but worked. Not tried it on buns but it might work, they are very clever fluff balls

Back