PDA

View Full Version : Hope :)

shov.samal
03-09-2016, 08:36 AM
So I adopted a friends bunny whom I named Hope ..he's probably 4 months old now! I have taken enough guidance from the Internet but still I feel I need to know more since there are no good vets here in India. Can anyone guide me through mandatory stuff ?
I know grass and hay is 100% important. Till date I be only been feeding him coriander and mint. Sometimes basil leaves. He is playful. Jumps like crazy but you know better to be aware than to be sorry

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160903/7ae3ef2cdb5d731ea74410c31d1caffe.jpg :)

Sent from my SM-T331 using Tapatalk

mini lop1
04-09-2016, 08:48 PM
aww he is lovely, welcome to the forum, just post away on questions you want to ask I am sure someone will respond

shov.samal
05-09-2016, 06:11 AM
Thank you ^_^ yea sure :)

MightyMax
05-09-2016, 06:32 AM
So I adopted a friends bunny whom I named Hope ..he's probably 4 months old now! I have taken enough guidance from the Internet but still I feel I need to know more since there are no good vets here in India. Can anyone guide me through mandatory stuff ?
I know grass and hay is 100% important. Till date I be only been feeding him coriander and mint. Sometimes basil leaves. He is playful. Jumps like crazy but you know better to be aware than to be sorry

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160903/7ae3ef2cdb5d731ea74410c31d1caffe.jpg :)

Welcome Hope and her lovely owner :wave:

Here's some great info for you and your rabbit:

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/

On the right side of that page there's lots of useful links.

The other good site is the RWAF:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk

I love the name of your rabbit, and the photo is beautiful :love:

shov.samal
05-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Thank you so much :)

shov.samal
05-09-2016, 07:51 AM
I am going through the sites..If I face any trouble will nudge you :)

daphnephoebe
05-09-2016, 08:28 AM
He's beautiful :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MightyMax
05-09-2016, 11:51 AM
I am going through the sites..If I face any trouble will nudge you :)

Welcome :thumb:

shov.samal
07-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Hi :) is there a quantity of veggies that should be supplied? I mean should his vegetables bowl be full 24x7?

daphnephoebe
07-09-2016, 11:32 AM
A small bowl once a day is suitable. You mainly want him to be eating his hay. :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

tonibun
07-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Not at all. Some of us on the Forum don't feed veg at all, but give herbs or forage instead. My rabbits only get a small portion of Spring Greens, others feed a selection. Does your rabbit eat hay? as this is the most important part of their diet, and/or grass. Bunny should be eating mainly high fibre food as the wild rabbits do. :thumb:

joey&boo
07-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the forum . Hope is beautiful. Do many people have pet rabbits in India?

shov.samal
07-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Not at all. Some of us on the Forum don't feed veg at all, but give herbs or forage instead. My rabbits only get a small portion of Spring Greens, others feed a selection. Does your rabbit eat hay? as this is the most important part of their diet, and/or grass. Bunny should be eating mainly high fibre food as the wild rabbits do. :thumb:
Okay..my bunny is used to eating fresh grass recently I started giving timothy hay..and a friend had suggested data the food bowl should b full all the time. So I have been feeding him wid veggies (coriander, mint and spinach) I give once in d morning. Once in d evening and once in d night.

joey&boo
07-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Okay..my bunny is used to eating fresh grass recently I started giving timothy hay..and a friend had suggested data the food bowl should b full all the time. So I have been feeding him wid veggies (coriander, mint and spinach) I give once in different morning. Once in different evening and once in d night.

Sounds like you are doing really well with his diet - coriander & mint are really good as is hay & grass

MightyMax
07-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Hi :) is there a quantity of veggies that should be supplied? I mean should his vegetables bowl be full 24x7?

I should give a small handful of veggies, or whatever forage and fresh grass you can find.

Too much delicious stuff and he won't want to eat his hay! :D

shov.samal
07-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the forum . Hope is beautiful. Do many people have pet rabbits in India?
Thank you :) yeah they do but it's difficult to maintain cos we don't have proper vet facilities. So they end up getting sick if not taken proper care.

shov.samal
08-09-2016, 05:41 AM
I should give a small handful of veggies, or whatever forage and fresh grass you can find.

Too much delicious stuff and he won't want to eat his hay! :D
Yeah that's Wat I thought!! He has been searching for veggies every minute... and won't even look at his grass or hay..will reduce gradually :) thank you!