• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope :)

shov.samal

New Kit
So I adopted a friends bunny whom I named Hope ..he's probably 4 months old now! I have taken enough guidance from the Internet but still I feel I need to know more since there are no good vets here in India. Can anyone guide me through mandatory stuff ?
I know grass and hay is 100% important. Till date I be only been feeding him coriander and mint. Sometimes basil leaves. He is playful. Jumps like crazy but you know better to be aware than to be sorry

7ae3ef2cdb5d731ea74410c31d1caffe.jpg
:)

Sent from my SM-T331 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
aww he is lovely, welcome to the forum, just post away on questions you want to ask I am sure someone will respond

So I adopted a friends bunny whom I named Hope ..he's probably 4 months old now! I have taken enough guidance from the Internet but still I feel I need to know more since there are no good vets here in India. Can anyone guide me through mandatory stuff ?
I know grass and hay is 100% important. Till date I be only been feeding him coriander and mint. Sometimes basil leaves. He is playful. Jumps like crazy but you know better to be aware than to be sorry

7ae3ef2cdb5d731ea74410c31d1caffe.jpg
:)

Welcome Hope and her lovely owner :wave:

Here's some great info for you and your rabbit:

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/

On the right side of that page there's lots of useful links.

The other good site is the RWAF:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk

I love the name of your rabbit, and the photo is beautiful :love:

Hi :) is there a quantity of veggies that should be supplied? I mean should his vegetables bowl be full 24x7?

A small bowl once a day is suitable. You mainly want him to be eating his hay. :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not at all. Some of us on the Forum don't feed veg at all, but give herbs or forage instead. My rabbits only get a small portion of Spring Greens, others feed a selection. Does your rabbit eat hay? as this is the most important part of their diet, and/or grass. Bunny should be eating mainly high fibre food as the wild rabbits do. :thumb:

Not at all. Some of us on the Forum don't feed veg at all, but give herbs or forage instead. My rabbits only get a small portion of Spring Greens, others feed a selection. Does your rabbit eat hay? as this is the most important part of their diet, and/or grass. Bunny should be eating mainly high fibre food as the wild rabbits do. :thumb:
Okay..my bunny is used to eating fresh grass recently I started giving timothy hay..and a friend had suggested data the food bowl should b full all the time. So I have been feeding him wid veggies (coriander, mint and spinach) I give once in d morning. Once in d evening and once in d night.

Last edited:
Okay..my bunny is used to eating fresh grass recently I started giving timothy hay..and a friend had suggested data the food bowl should b full all the time. So I have been feeding him wid veggies (coriander, mint and spinach) I give once in different morning. Once in different evening and once in d night.

Sounds like you are doing really well with his diet - coriander & mint are really good as is hay & grass

Hi :) is there a quantity of veggies that should be supplied? I mean should his vegetables bowl be full 24x7?

I should give a small handful of veggies, or whatever forage and fresh grass you can find.

Too much delicious stuff and he won't want to eat his hay! :D

Welcome to the forum . Hope is beautiful. Do many people have pet rabbits in India?
Thank you :) yeah they do but it's difficult to maintain cos we don't have proper vet facilities. So they end up getting sick if not taken proper care.

I should give a small handful of veggies, or whatever forage and fresh grass you can find.

Too much delicious stuff and he won't want to eat his hay! :D
Yeah that's Wat I thought!! He has been searching for veggies every minute... and won't even look at his grass or hay..will reduce gradually :) thank you!

Back