• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

made a hay manger

Ive made 2 hay holders for the quads out of the bits what was left from the hutch the nethies came with. I havnt put a bottom in yet because im debating lino incase they jump in them and wee lol.. I only want them as trough style so all 4 can munch hay together and it not be wee on.
hay%20manger_zps5spur4nc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ive made 2 hay holders for the quads out of the bits what was left from the hutch the nethies came with. I havnt put a bottom in yet because im debating lino incase they jump in them and wee lol.. I only want them as trough style so all 4 can munch hay together and it not be wee on.
hay%20manger_zps5spur4nc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's enormous W&S :D

It looks bigger cos of the perspective!

Great for a bunch of buns to trough hay in. Well done :D Another W&S item superbly made :D

It's brilliant :love:

I have a few very large cardboard boxes filled with hay and I wondered if my rabbits would wee in there, but amazingly they don't. They usually use one of them to sleep in together during the morning. I have found the odd poo, but not many. Perhaps try them first putting the hay manager on thick cardboard and see what they do. Otherwise, yes, you could make sure by using lino.

I bet they will love it. Could we have pics of them in it please?

lol.. i made the depth wider at first and i thought they will all be jumping in it so i unscrewed in and cut the sides down, its probably not at big as it looks, its 2ft 8" wide and 7 inches in depth, i took the pic stood in the bun room looking into the living room, only noticed this morning hubby and dogs are in the background lol..
im going to put lino on it. The 4 fluffy bums in a row was what i imagined when i was making it :lol: i will take pics later when ive finished and filled it, hopefully with the buns munching from them.

blimey it actually is giant! I assumed it was close to you on a countertop or something!
Can't wait to see it in use.

lol.. knew they would they jump in and onto everything. off subject but does anyone know how you get the wee stains (white stuff) off the wood thats dripped down from the top hutch. I wash it and it looks gone but when it dried its back again. It really gets on my nerves

lol.. knew they would they jump in and onto everything. off subject but does anyone know how you get the wee stains (white stuff) off the wood thats dripped down from the top hutch. I wash it and it looks gone but when it dried its back again. It really gets on my nerves

I've used wire wool (fine grade) and a polish using walnut oil and orange oil. It worked on coffee table stains that were really ingrained.

thanks everyone i will try everything tomorrow. Ive made the little nethies a smaller version for their house and thats gone down well too. Im going to screw them to the back of the hutch though because they are all dragging them around the hutches with them :lol:

thanks everyone i will try everything tomorrow. Ive made the little nethies a smaller version for their house and thats gone down well too. Im going to screw them to the back of the hutch though because they are all dragging them around the hutches with them :lol:

You're so good to these bunnies :D

I don't know where you get your energy from - bunnies and kids :lol:

Back