• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Rabbit Shed

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

After months of deliberation, we finally have our rabbit shed ready (well almost).

We were lucky enough to get a free 8x6 shed, which despite being old, is excellent quality :).

My dh and I have laid Lino, boarded the inside and created a safety frame so we can safely leave the door open on hot days. I've also got a great movement activated solar light for night times. Our Welfare tunnel and connectors have arrived today and we will be creating a ramp with a hole through to an outside run (which isn't quite ready yet!).

The safety frame is handmade from scratch, using super strong 16 gauge weld mesh and has turned out better than I could have imagined.

Bonding should be starting this weekend and all being well the shed will be Buffy, Theo and Sydney's new home. We currently have the boys old hutch inside, which we may keep as a base which connects to the tunnel outside.

Here's some photos :)

X

It looks really good :love: I hope the bonding goes well. Looking forward to hearing updates.

Looking good, hope the bonding goes well. I'll be attempting to start bonding sometime soon so will be interested to see how it goes with your trio! What solar light did you get? I could do with one for my shed, currently have solar powered fairy lights strung round the inside of the shed which is fine for a bit of background light but I'll need a stronger light for cleaning out etc especially coming up to winter.

Looking good, hope the bonding goes well. I'll be attempting to start bonding sometime soon so will be interested to see how it goes with your trio! What solar light did you get? I could do with one for my shed, currently have solar powered fairy lights strung round the inside of the shed which is fine for a bit of background light but I'll need a stronger light for cleaning out etc especially coming up to winter.

It looks great :thumb:

I think Yaretzi was selling a solar powered light, it's a good one as it's the same one as I have in the goat shed :thumb: have a look in the for sale section :thumb:

Thanks everyone :)

I'll definitely do a bonding thread :) The light is this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002GN4...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=KWEX2P4JWR6P34MVR3GV

I'm really pleased with it, it's certainly bright enough imo! Obviously if there's possibly a free one available, it might be worth looking in to x

Back