• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UD/ 15/9 next week collect the girls for Bandit

They are both gorgeous. Will you choose or will Bandit choose? Either in my view would be a lovely choice.

Permanent fostering sound wonderful. It seems a bit mean to separate the two bunnies though unless their bond has broken.

I look forward to meeting whichever new bun Bandit chooses :love:

The separation could be due to two girls generally considered a iffy bond and it could be easier to rehome two singles than one pair?
I don't know the answer, just suggesting possible reasons for this course of action

All I know is that both girls need spaying. Not sure I could have one before spaying even though Bandit is nuetured. I don't know if they are bonded or their history yet. Yesterday I had to go to two vets. C J Hall for Babydarling chinchilla, his eye was getting worse. I use Twickenham for all the other animals and they referred me to C J Hall for the chins.

Then we went to Twickenham to pick up Georgia's ashes.:cry:.

Donna was there but working so I couldn't get the details. I know they don't normal break a bonded pair but they may think it's easier to rehome a single female to a single male. We are going over soon, although not sure if Donna is home, to see them. She said pop by any time.

The separation could be due to two girls generally considered a iffy bond and it could be easier to rehome two singles than one pair?
I don't know the answer, just suggesting possible reasons for this course of action

There are loads of single boys and I like Brendon, seen a lot of details of him on Facebook but they won't allow a boy with a boy so you maybe right.

All I know is that both girls need spaying. Not sure I could have one before spaying even though Bandit is nuetured. I don't know if they are bonded or their history yet. Yesterday I had to go to two vets. C J Hall for Babydarling chinchilla, his eye was getting worse. I use Twickenham for all the other animals and they referred me to C J Hall for the chins.

Then we went to Twickenham to pick up Georgia's ashes.:cry:.

Donna was there but working so I couldn't get the details. I know they don't normal break a bonded pair but they may think it's easier to rehome a single female to a single male. We are going over soon, although not sure if Donna is home, to see them. She said pop by any time.

I would certainly trust Donna and Animal Rescue and Care to do the right thing :D I bet you're looking forward to seeing them :)

Matthew at C J Hall said eye problems is common with chinchillas. Unfortunately all my three have had eye problems and Babydarling and Little Nylon have had tearduct flushes under GA. I also learnt that hamsters back teeth don't grow, they are like human teeth, stay at the same length, although their front teeth grow.

Very sad we lost Georgia. :(. Matthew was telling us how pus in rabbits grow at an incredible speed, so in the wild they die quickly. He was explaining how as a species they have evolved to breed as much as they can in a short time to continue but unfortunately also vulnerable to abscesses, teeth problems etc and how the pus grows rapidly if they have teeth problems to basically kill the vulnerable ones off. Those were not his exact words but that was what he was explaining.

Anyway I went and saw the two girls. Donna wasn't home so a woman let us in but she did phone her. I had to collect more adoption forms, as Kitty Bennett is getting adopted. Jane Bennett was adopted on the 22nd, so that will leave Wickham.

The girls are incredibly nervous. They happened to be their turn out and the white girl thumped at me and hid. The grey bunny with the white nose did let me pat her but was flighty and also very scared. I am not sure either would be suitable.

Back