• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone draw their Rabbits?

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I'm currently dog sitting for my parents and I've got some spare time on my hands. I did art in college but I haven't picked up a pencil to draw since I left - 11 years ago!!!
Tonight I had the urge to try again and this was the result :) I'm actually really pleased with it so far!
Does anyone else draw their rabbits? Or do anything else rabbit related artistically such as paintings or sculptures?

that's fab, the way you've captured his expression is brilliant

Aww thank you very much! I actually really enjoyed doing it, my problem has always been staying focused. I've got the attention span of a gnat! I need to learn how to do fur better and I don't even know where to begin when it comes to white fur so I just didn't give him any!
This is the original picture

Oh wow, that is awesome! :) I would give anything to be able to draw well (I've been passable in my youth, but I kind of suck at it now) and that is fantastic how you have captured your bunny!

I bug my daughter, who can truly sketch/paint/draw all the time to do portraits for me...she is well and truly tired of me annoying her with requests! :lol:

Very impressive. I have to be in the mood to draw which is pretty much never these days.
I can't really do portraits etc and have to do abstract, cartoon like drawing.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm currently dog sitting for my parents and I've got some spare time on my hands. I did art in college but I haven't picked up a pencil to draw since I left - 11 years ago!!!
Tonight I had the urge to try again and this was the result :) I'm actually really pleased with it so far!
Does anyone else draw their rabbits? Or do anything else rabbit related artistically such as paintings or sculptures?

That's beautiful :love:

You are incredibly talented :D

Wow, that's awesome! I'm ok at drawing but I prefer to sew - lots of bunny-themed quilts, decor, baby accessories etc. Nothing amazing but it makes me happy. I also used to do celebration cakes for a living. Would include bunnies when I could get away with it :)

I do cartoon-ish pictures, rather than properly realistic :) I've never been able to capture on paper rabbits really: I can do horses, dragons, dinosaurs, most birds, but not rabbits, cats or dogs really! That's a fantastic sketch, I really like it :D

That is really good - you really did capture the 'essence' didn't you? - I really wish I had just a teeny bit of artistic talent.

This was my attempt whilst bored in a meeting at work last year, of Bobo and Harley - I think I'll stick to my abacus and playing with numbers :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oooh thanks everyone! :love:
I think that I will pick up some decent pencils and a nice sketch pad :) I found it much more relaxing than watching the TV but I guess it's just a case of finding the time once I'm back at home.

I'd love to be able to do cartoons but I just haven't got the imagination! Fellie - I love your little cartoon Rabbits!

That is really good - you really did capture the 'essence' didn't you? - I really wish I had just a teeny bit of artistic talent.

This was my attempt whilst bored in a meeting at work last year, of Bobo and Harley - I think I'll stick to my abacus and playing with numbers :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aww I love these! :D

Back