• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody want a Petra?!

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
She's being overly clingy tonight. Following me so she's literally under my feet, sitting on me as soon as i sit down, trying to rob food off my plate, licking me, if she hears a rustling she legs it over to see if it's anything for her.

I'm having to share my seat with her as she won't move.

Actually second thoughts... She might be clingy but I'd be upset if she didn't come near me!!

eefdc26b8dc656ffa4190043b057a995.jpg

Oh and when i woke up this morning, the little minx was at the end of my bed!

87329c34f8386ab82f7af14dbb35cf7b.jpg

She's doing my nut in tonight she's just sat on the tortoise eating his food. Liberties. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] i do love her though the little nutter.

She's doing my nut in tonight she's just sat on the tortoise eating his food. Liberties. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] i do love her though the little nutter.

H just swipes the food off the tortoises when I tortoise-sit them! :lol:

When I see photos and read threads like this I really wish I had a house bunny. And then I remember having no TV for 18 months due to bunnies eating the cable, two shredded sleeping bags, DVDs with their covers eaten, settee nibbled, cushions with holes in and huge gaps in the plaster on the walls. Bunny proofing didn't work at all.

I've now got a hamster in my bedroom who keeps me company but only comes out when he is supervised.

I'll get another house bunny one day though - one who doesn't try to nom my house bit by bit.

When I see photos and read threads like this I really wish I had a house bunny. And then I remember having no TV for 18 months due to bunnies eating the cable, two shredded sleeping bags, DVDs with their covers eaten, settee nibbled, cushions with holes in and huge gaps in the plaster on the walls. Bunny proofing didn't work at all.

I've now got a hamster in my bedroom who keeps me company but only comes out when he is supervised.

I'll get another house bunny one day though - one who doesn't try to nom my house bit by bit.

Petra's actually quite good. She doesn't tend to chew wires, she's toilet trained, she hasn't nibbled clothes or furniture and has nibbled the wall once but stopped quite quickly. I think I'm quite lucky!!

Soooo today we decided we didn't want to eat or drink (she does this sometimes). She's been out all day and when I brought her in this evening, she runs straight behind the sofa. This is how i know she's not well.

She comes out about an hour later, glares at me and runs back behind the sofa (she does this when she wants me to check on her). Cue me then having to lie with her behind the sofa (fyi - it's not comfy). I try and bribe her with parsley... Banana... Apple... Nothing works. I pop her in her cage thinking she might eat hay or pellets... Doesn't work. I syringe feed her water and let her go play and put some parsley in her treat bowl.

About 10.30pm i decide to give her oxbow. She eats it and all is going fine until i have one of her hairs in my mouth and stick a finger in to retrieve it. Unfortunately it was the wrong finger and i can now categorically tell you that Oxbow tastes DISGUSTING.

Cue me wretching, my mum who was holding her letting her go as she was laughing her head off, Petra jumping into the oxbow bowl, contents going everywhere and her jumping in her cage to eat the parsley.

She's now fine. I feel sick.

0e1532f3c7f5be48f20e04e0dbbbb38a.jpg

Petra really has you under her tiny paws. She is one clever bunny and it is wonderful to read about the bond you have. Really makes me miss having house bunnies but mine have always been incredibly destructive and were literally eating the house despite my best efforts to bunny proof.

Back