• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PVC corrugated sheets for run roof

Casco

Mama Doe
I'm looking for the best way to waterproof the run and I know some of you use these. I am trying to figure out how these will work with my run - it has 3 removeable roof panels, I am considering screwing 1 sheet into each panel so that there's an overlap which should still leave me the option of being able to lift the roof panels off for cleaning the run etc. However I'm worried about high winds! Which then makes me wonder if there's another way the panels can be held down enough in 'normal' weather which would still let me remove the pvc but keep he roof on the run if really high winds were forecast. I can't think of any other way to secure them except making another frame to sit on top of the roof and screwing the sheets to that (which will cost me more in money and time, I feel like I've spent a fortune recently on getting the shed and run ready for foster bunnies - much more than I budgeted for when I had the idea!). Are the panels generally quite secure when it's windy if they are screwed down?

Also how much of an angle do the panels need to be at to make sure the rain runs off? Currently I have the roof panels sitting at a very slight angle, one side is maybe only an inch or so higher than the other so I'm not sure that's enough. I tried the tarp on it last night hoping that the slight angle might be enough but no, the rain still pooled in a few places because the tarp just sags and collects the water.

Could you get some latches to put on either side that are held in place with a pin or lock through....(like the ones which are often used on sheds) let me know if I make no sense and I'll find a pic online

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Do you mean like turn button catches? I can't think of anywhere I could attach those as the pvc sheets will cover the whole of the frame of the roof. I'm so bad at being able to think things through in my head lol.

Just to update this incase it's of any use to others, I have decided to try ratchet straps to secure the panels. Has gone ok so far - it's quite windy here just now and the tarp on the other run is blowing about but the pvc panels seem to be doing ok. Fingers crossed it works out over the winter!

Sorry I never got back to you :( I I lost the thread
It was button catches I meant. Glad you found a solution :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back