• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bind weed

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I gave the girls some of this yesterday. Their first time.

So cute watching Phoebe be lazy. Laying down in full stretch eating it like spaghetti. Obviously once the camera came out she moved.

Is there anything you love watching your buns eat?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bog standard dendelion leaves. They have plenty between them, but the best piece always has to be retrieved from the other bun's mouth.

Dandelions for mine too. I love how the further down the flower stalk they get the higher the tune gets, til its gone

Funny - it says safe in my foraging book.
Is does say not to feed when flowering or before seeding though.

This one hasn't flowered this year as it got chopped back a lot so couldn't establish flower.

Funny - it says safe in my foraging book.
Is does say not to feed when flowering or before seeding though.

This one hasn't flowered this year as it got chopped back a lot so couldn't establish flower.

Yes bindweed is a difficult one, as Twigs told us. It seems to be OK, but there is more than one sort of bindweed. I should have to go back to my notes and read them - field bindweed, hedge bindweed.

I know Twigs does feed what is in her book. Not too much of it though, I believe :)

Mine turn anything long into spaghetti: it's the best 'technique' to watch by far! Rosebay willowherb, willow, rose, hazel: it all goes down the same!

I think carrot peelings is my favourite: they do the 'carrot dance' to get them (they're hung over the top of the run) and then steal them off each other!

Have you ever taken a video of them playing the pan pipes? I have never heard this sound :lol:

You are missing out. I have got it on video previously but I don't like uploading them on photobucket cos then everybody can have a nosey through all my photobucket saves:lol:

I've always avoided giving rosebay willow herb and bindweed as thought both definite 'no'.

Willowherb is fine (I sent your bunnies some I think & I'm super careful in what I forage for other peoples buns) . My bunnies aren't keen though - its last to get eaten here

Hi j&b and MM
Wish I'd known about the willowherb ages ago.
Bobby & Sable are still with Catherine. This latest op has, of course, set me back and I still don't have a discharge date. x

Hi j&b and MM
Wish I'd known about the willowherb ages ago.
Bobby & Sable are still with Catherine. This latest op has, of course, set me back and I still don't have a discharge date. x

are you in a ward with company this time? x

Takumi always believes whatever's in River's mouth is best. River, particularly, is a bindweed fan.
It's funny, I LOVE hearing rabbits eat (anything). But I absolutely loathe hearing people eat. *shudder*

Hope you're bearing up well, Babsie xxx

i pull all the flower pods off before i get home, hedge bindweed is the big white bell flowers isnt it, field bindweed is a lot smaller and different underneath too.
I sit in the garden with the buns and fill a big box with hay and love watching them eat it, it puts me in the most relaxing mood ever, i caught myself yesterday singing " thats it eat eat eat and make me some golden poos" rather loudly lol.. my neighbors already think im batty

Back