• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

vet trip with 6 buns today

squiggles and willow are due there vaccines so i added the new nethies onto the appointment to have theirs done
Last night at 11.30 noticed buttons eye was closed with gunk on it so i cleaned it with cooled boiled water and gave her some metacam that i had in and it opened up again. this morning theres no gunk but its still half shut so added her on to the appointment. And of course willow, squiggles, buttons and pepe afe a quad so i will have to take pepe along for the journey too. I am going to look like a right "mad bunny lady" getting in a taxi.
I hope buttons is ok my first thought was myxi seeing all the recent posts on it in the threads of vaccined buns. could i have a few vibes please she does seem quite down. xx

Oh, I do sympathise. Have had to endure many a mad taxi ride to the vet covered in bunnies.

Mega vibes for Buttons, hopefully it's just an ingrown eyelash or hay ***** xxx

Loads of vibes for Buttons. I hope her eye is nothing serious. Also best wishes to you for a stress-free journey and vet consultation.

Haha EyerollChamp I really want to know what you put that caused the ***** lol

Sending millions of vibes for your vet visit. I don't know how you can cope.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

squiggles and willow are due there vaccines so i added the new nethies onto the appointment to have theirs done
Last night at 11.30 noticed buttons eye was closed with gunk on it so i cleaned it with cooled boiled water and gave her some metacam that i had in and it opened up again. this morning theres no gunk but its still half shut so added her on to the appointment. And of course willow, squiggles, buttons and pepe afe a quad so i will have to take pepe along for the journey too. I am going to look like a right "mad bunny lady" getting in a taxi.
I hope buttons is ok my first thought was myxi seeing all the recent posts on it in the threads of vaccined buns. could i have a few vibes please she does seem quite down. xx

Are you Willow & Squiggles the octopus? How many arms do you need for that lot :shock:

Seriously, I hope they all get on OK, and that Buttons is fine :)

Good luck xx

lol.. you lot are so funny this has cheered me up. i take 3 carriers and its a squeeze, i put 2 on the seats then have to go back and get the other and put it on my knee, same when i get out lol,.. wouldnt mind squiggles and willow only just fit in the carrier together but i cant get any bigger or i wont fit 3 carrier in a taxi lol..
buttons has just ate her morning forage ok, if its an eyelash or hay will they be able to get it out

Hope Buttons has nothing too sinister going on. And that Willow, Squiggles, Daisy and Pixie's vaccinations go well.

I don't envy you taking 6 in a taxi, lol. I'm glad OH has a car for when I'm taking that many!

lol.. you lot are so funny this has cheered me up. i take 3 carriers and its a squeeze, i put 2 on the seats then have to go back and get the other and put it on my knee, same when i get out lol,.. wouldnt mind squiggles and willow only just fit in the carrier together but i cant get any bigger or i wont fit 3 carrier in a taxi lol..
buttons has just ate her morning forage ok, if its an eyelash or hay will they be able to get it out

My carrier is so huge that the driver invariably says, "er... I thought it was a rabbit??" Taking the quad was always fun, can't imagine six :shock:

What time's the appointment?

Good luck with the Vets - yes the Vet will be able to remove whatever is in her eye and should then check to make sure there is no damage to the eye itself. Hope she is ok.

well back from the vets. I nearly didnt get there because the taxi driver opened the boot and i said i dont need the boot thankyou i put them in with me. He give me such a sneer and said im not having them messing my car. he was still holding the boot open and i looked in an said are you joking with me here because i dont think its funny, he said no im not, looked in boot and inwas tiny and fully enclosed and i said would you put a dog in there and he said yes, well i sort of had a dicky fit, told him to go i would phone another taxi and complain about him, he looked me up and down and smirked so i was really naughty and called him a cheeky b***rd
well the taxi lady was disgusted at him but that not the point i was livid and nearly late. sorry rant over lol..
vaccines went great, she gave buttons the dye in her eye and looked with light and i could see the scratch across her eye myself, plus she checked under her lids and she has conjunctivitis as well so shes on antibiotic drops, isathal they are called and metacam. The vet also agreed im doing the right thing cutting all their pellets way back because they are all chunky except the nethies who are fine. thanks for all the vibes everyone, shes still feeling sorry for herself she must be unsettled she bit the vet and me :oops:

well back from the vets. I nearly didnt get there because the taxi driver opened the boot and i said i dont need the boot thankyou i put them in with me. He give me such a sneer and said im not having them messing my car. he was still holding the boot open and i looked in an said are you joking with me here because i dont think its funny, he said no im not, looked in boot and inwas tiny and fully enclosed and i said would you put a dog in there and he said yes, well i sort of had a dicky fit, told him to go i would phone another taxi and complain about him, he looked me up and down and smirked so i was really naughty and called him a cheeky b***rd
well the taxi lady was disgusted at him but that not the point i was livid and nearly late. sorry rant over lol..
vaccines went great, she gave buttons the dye in her eye and looked with light and i could see the scratch across her eye myself, plus she checked under her lids and she has conjunctivitis as well so shes on antibiotic drops, isathal they are called and metacam. The vet also agreed im doing the right thing cutting all their pellets way back because they are all chunky except the nethies who are fine. thanks for all the vibes everyone, shes still feeling sorry for herself she must be unsettled she bit the vet and me :oops:

Cheeky ******! I've had a similar issue - refused to put buns in boot, he grumbled but took us there. He was supposed to wait but drove off! Left me heavily pregnant on crutches with two buns in a heat wave :censored: cab firm wouldn't even send another.. Can't wait until we can afford a car.

Glad Buttons is ok, must be a relief to know it's nothing serious :) x

thankyou it is a massive relief. he wasnt budging on the boot he thought i was just going to put them in, like hell i was, im still so mad about it, they did send another taxi and when i was coming home i said dont send him again and make sure whoever picks me up knows i have 3 carrier with buns in and they are not going in the boot, she said of course not and i thought why cant all people be like that.
does anyone know how long i should carry on with the drops, i was in that much of a muddle i didnt ask

Why should you have to put up with such morons :roll: That's awful, and must've been stressful as you didn't want to be late!

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out OK. You're brill for standing your ground :D

I'm glad you've got some drops and everything else went smoothly.

Use the drops for a week and see what the eye looks like after that :thumb:

I've had more grief from taxi drivers than anyone else - & of course as I usually have a sick bunny I am stressed & emotional / angry. Grrr. I've never had to deal with them being wanted in the boot though - shocking!

Hope that eye (& your bite wound) heal up soon x

Back