• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Citrus Peel as Litter?

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
Has anyone heard of this? Is it good?

Someone suggested I should use it for buns, but I've never heard of it...

I thought she lived in UK, but maybe it's US... She messaged me privately for some advice, and we ended up talking about my buns. As you do. :)

I've never heard of this :shock: and I live in the citrus capital!

With rabbits I prefer just using hay and newspaper because I don't want to have to worry about a rabbit deciding to eat the litter, I know lots of people do use litters though and if you're sure your rabbits won't eat it then the citrus litter sounds good. I don't suppose there's a concern of pesticides though?

I use puppy pads, which works really well and I won't be changing to anything with small pieces. I'm just curious. :)

Bella & Bertie have crazy long fur, and Megazorb/straw-like stuff gets caught in their coats. It'd be unfair on them.

Which is another question. We were told they were Lionheads, but they are very different to the LionLop I had before. Ricky was hairy, but B&B are so hairy I'm wondering if I need to get little hair grips so they can see... The fur is several inches long, and Bella has tufts on her ears too.

Back