• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chloe Stasis after Vaccination

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
Taking Chloe in shortly as she's refusing to eat, looks uncomfortable and has cold ears :( She has just done a few droppings but I'm taking her anyway. She had the new vaccination yesterday so whether it's something to do with that I don't really know. I'm just so pleased it's one of the good vets covering today's out of hours shift! Going to be a pricey one :lol:

Taking Chloe in shortly as she's refusing to eat, looks uncomfortable and has cold ears :( She has just done a few droppings but I'm taking her anyway. She had the new vaccination yesterday so whether it's something to do with that I don't really know. I'm just so pleased it's one of the good vets covering today's out of hours shift! Going to be a pricey one :lol:

Oh no! Poor Chloe and poor you!

Thank goodness for a good vet on duty.
She had the new vaccination on a Sunday? I hope she's OK xx

Poor girl, I hope that she'll feel better soon x

I hope it's not connected with the vaccination then. Was she off her food yesterday?

No all eatings been fine up until this afternoon. It's probably just a coincidence however I was wondering if anyone else had had the same issue with their bun after vaccination. She does have a history of stasis and normally recovers very quickly which is why I'm not too worried at the mo. Nearly at vets so will see what he says x

No all eatings been fine up until this afternoon. It's probably just a coincidence however I was wondering if anyone else had had the same issue with their bun after vaccination. She does have a history of stasis and normally recovers very quickly which is why I'm not too worried at the mo. Nearly at vets so will see what he says x

Great xx

One of my buns had a mild reaction to the new vaccine. She went off her food slightly, seemed lethargic and a little uncomfortable. She had the reaction within a few hours of receiving the vaccine and it lasted for 24-48 hours. (sorry - my memory sucks and this was over a month ago).

Sending vibes xx

She's home now. He could hear rumbles in her one side but not the other. She's had the 3 injections so a waiting game now x

One of my rabbits, Maddie, had a stasis episode the day after her vaccination. It lasted about 7 hours before she started munching again. I hope Chloe feels better soon. xx

Yes I have medication for her but I'm not to give her any until the morning. Shes making some funny noises from her tummy, is that a good sign? I don't have any no MightyMax

Back