• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Competition

Bulibby

New Kit
I'm getting rabbits soon but I'm unsure about something. We already have one female rabbit, Rose, who sometimes gets out to roam the house but mostly stays in the cage or gets out it the living room. The new rabbits will be mine (Rose is my brothers but we all help out) so they will be in my room free ranged and I was planning to let them out in a part of the corridor which would be blocked off when there allowed out but this is a place Rose has been and probably will go when there not out. I was wondering if I ended up getting two boys would they smell her and see it as a competition and start fighting? And if it does happen is there anyway to stop it or avoid it or would I be better with two girls or a boy/girl pairing instead?

Rather than having Rose cooped up in her cage could you not bond her with another bunny and let them freerange either in your bedroom or the house in general?

Rather than having Rose cooped up in her cage could you not bond her with another bunny and let them freerange either in your bedroom or the house in general?

Unfortunately my dad isn't keen on animals so having them roaming around the house isn't possible and she's my brothers rabbit so she can't go in my room

thats a shame really, im sure she would love a little friend. No matter what sex you get the rabbits will smell each others scent and probably spray wee to mark it as theirs. Either way you will have to have them spayed and neutered to stop the 2 buns you get from girl/girl fighting or boy/girl making babies. Have you got a garden you could have a nice 6ft hutch and big run in, hope all turns out well for you

Back