• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance following stasis

Dem

Young Bun
Hi All,

Good news is Bubbles is slowly recovering from his stasis but i have decided its wise to at least investigate insurance for him. This is the second confirmed case he has had with one further time where he was being monitored but not treated. Do you think i will ever be able to get insurance for him that would cover (god forbid) future cases of stasis?

When we got him hubby couldn't believe there would be anything serious that a rabbit could get that would cost significant money. Jointly the cases have cost us £1000 :oops: (bet you wished you'd insured the rabbit now hubby hahaha :lol: )

Thanks
D

Sadly, stasis is classed as a condition, and as there has already been a case it's unlikely you'll find cover for the pre-existing condition.

You could still insure for accidents, dental issues (so long as this hasn't been the cause of stasis) etc etc

You could try calling the insurance company, they sometimes put a time frame on it.

So if he goes a year without a case of stasis they will then cover it. But if in that year you have a case of stasis you need to wait another 12 months.

Sorry - it's sometime a mine field but this is generally insurance rules. Also, chose a company you intend to stay with no matter what as sadly you can't swap and change pet insurance.

I always recommend Petplan

(Hopefully I've explained this well enough)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have called pet plan earlier and was totally transparent, they wouldnt give a yes or no but said instead to call back tomorrow and speak to the underwriters.

I think i'll call tomorrow and insure worst case without stasis being covered and then hope for a year of trouble free health and then maybe they will take pity on me :p

x

They're normally good - but as stasis is their biggest pay out (next to flystrike) you may have some difficulty.
Good luck with your call to them

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back