• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding and litter training

holziees

New Kit
The rabbit I got was meant to be litter trained. She had been staying within a vet practice kennel on newspaper with a litter tray. Since I got her she seems to not be as well litter trained. I have got her neutered and it has made no difference. She does pee and poo in the litter tray but she also does it around the litter tray. It's a 5ft 2 storey outdoor hutch and I have put 2 litter trays in which she both uses but does as much around the trays. The only things that have changed is I now have her on shavings but I bring her in the house and she still poos outside the litter tray as well. Any ideas how I can get her to contain most to the tray? Also because of respiratory issues is there a better bedding I can use throughout the hutch which is virtually dust free?

how long have you had her? if in new surroundings and when your bringing her inside your house her pooing is how they mark their territory, its just something they do, some grow out of it others continue to do it, it may be a matter of having to just keep putting the poos in the tray then putting her in it after and repeating

I hope someone can advice on suitable bedding for the hutch, does she have respiratory issues or yourself?

Back