• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Progress with Pickle the Pygmy goat :)

Zoobec

Staff member
Pickle has settled in really well since she arrived 3 weeks ago. She was very nervous at first, apparently she is nervous of new people. She now calls to me and runs up to me in the field, and will eat from my hand. Yesterday I stroked her for a while whilst she was eating her tea, she didn't mind at all :love: this morning I stroked her when she first came out of the shed, she was a ok with that but then got a bit annoyed because she wanted to get out into the field!

she reminds me of a cross between Pepper, my first female goat, Patch, my second female goat and Zambesi, my first pony. It's almost like she's got a bit of each of their spirit in her, if that makes sense?! I've never had that thought about an animal before now.

Pickle has settled in really well since she arrived 3 weeks ago. She was very nervous at first, apparently she is nervous of new people. She now calls to me and runs up to me in the field, and will eat from my hand. Yesterday I stroked her for a while whilst she was eating her tea, she didn't mind at all :love: this morning I stroked her when she first came out of the shed, she was a ok with that but then got a bit annoyed because she wanted to get out into the field!

she reminds me of a cross between Pepper, my first female goat, Patch, my second female goat and Zambesi, my first pony. It's almost like she's got a bit of each of their spirit in her, if that makes sense?! I've never had that thought about an animal before now.

She sounds a darling :love:

I think it's lovely she reminds you of previous loved ones. Perhaps that's what will make Pickle a bit special!

Aww I'm glad she's settled in so well :love: I'm also really pleased she's a lot less nervous now, just goes to show how much animals respond to patience, kindness and love :love:

aww Pickle :love:, so pleased she is learning to trust & getting more sociable (still loving her name)

Pickle has been getting more and more confident. The other day she barged past me to get through the gate! I grabbed her collar and that would have normally made her very nervous, but she didn't mind at all. She let me stroke her whilst I was holding her.

The last 2 nights whilst she has been eating her dinner in the shed I've stroked her all over and even brushed her a bit. I'm so pleased with how much she has learnt she can trust us :love:

Here's a few photos. The second one looks like she is talking to Pumpkin :lol:

image_zpsexx0tfqv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back