• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Lazylops

Alpha Buck
Well I'll get the ball rolling....

My Name is Annie, I have been looking after bunnies for six years now, and running my little Rabbit Sanctuary for four of those years. I am a trained Veterinary Nurse and Riding Instructor, and work as a Graphic Illustrator for an Ecological Consultancy in Hampshire, dealing with Protected Species such as Badgers, Bats, Dormice, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, Plants, Insects to name a few.

I have been living with my Partner Simon for Six years, who runs his own Ecological Consultancy.

I have 13 Rabbits in my care:
Bertie - five year old New Zealand white buck
Bella - 2 year old mini lop doe (partially sighted)
Melissa - 1 year old mini lop doe (no teeth)
Dougal - five year old cashmere lop buck (dental)
Miffy - five year old dwarf lop doe (unwanted)
George - 2 year old(?) red eyed white boy (one of the bournemouth lot)
Harry - 1 year old red eyed white casmhere lop from Sue -
Bugsy - six year old agouti buck (dental)
Bandit - 1 year old mini lop (unwanted)
Polly - 1 year old mini lop (unwanted)
Peter and Benjamin - brothers (from Daisy rescue bunny unexpected litter)
Bumble - four year old mini lop (unwanted childrens pet, slight paralysis of back legs)
Daisy, Maisy and Cookie - Bonded three living across the road with a friend.

They all have their own very individual personalities which I love. I try to spend as much time as possible with them, atleast five hours after work in an evening just observing them and an hour am before work. This is the best way of identifying any slight changes in bunnies behaviour as we know how bunnies are able to hide when they are in pain.

They are all vaccinated and neutered as appropriate, and are fed Excel am, with free access to fresh hay. Pm, fresh veggies, graze-on and more fresh hay. Water bottles are refreshed am and pm. All bunnies are litter trained and these are changed every evening.

They all live in my BunnyBarn in the garden, in five foot hutches with access to grass runs in fine weather, and air-conditioning should we (god forbid) get that occasional hot day. :roll:

Well thats me, I look forward to hearing all about everyone else and their bunnies.

Annie xx :D

Who are you again????!!!!! Annie who???? Miss Annie Lazylops?????

Seriously, well done, you, for getting the ball rolling AND I DIDN'T KNOW you were a trained veterinary nurse, you little dark rabbit (can't say dark horse cos it's a rabbit forum!!!).

Shall I stop being silly now, I'm just so excited!!!!!

Back