• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's here! With pics :) U/D post #19

Some of you may remember my post from a few weeks ago about me taking on my workmates bunny.

Well he's here finally, and super cute :love:

His nails need trimming and he needs to be neutered, but other than that he's in great condition.

I'm letting him settle in, but when I went to check on him he was nomming hay :love:

I love him already :love:

When he's neutered I hope to bond him with my two, but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
He's gorgeous :love: I'm not sure about how long to wait before neutering, I suppose it would depend on his temperament as to how quickly he settles in.

Some of you may remember my post from a few weeks ago about me taking on my workmates bunny.

Well he's here finally, and super cute :love:

His nails need trimming and he needs to be neutered, but other than that he's in great condition.

I'm letting him settle in, but when I went to check on him he was nomming hay :love:

I love him already :love:

When he's neutered I hope to bond him with my two, but we'll see how it goes.

He's a very handsome bunny :love:

I would let him settle in for 2/3 weeks and then get him booked in :D

I'm probably alone here but I don't see the point in letting them settle just to unsettle them again. I tend to get it out the way asap and then they can settle properly. Psychologically I believe a short unsettled period is less traumatic than repeated unsettling. If that makes sense. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, he's adorable, so glad he's found a wonderful home with you :love:

He's gorgeous! :love: I'd give him a couple of weeks, that way he will get to know you, and you'll get to know his habits, so you'll be more familiar with his usual behaviour when it comes to recovering from his op, and eating etc. Also if he is more familiar with you he'll feel less stressed afterwards... X

I've done both asap and waiting a bit prior to neuter.

Nessarose, my bridge bun, went into stasis after an asap neuter. Athena was fine after her asap neuter but developed an abscess.

Persephone waited a bit (I got her vaccs done first) and now she's fine.

Imo, until they are settled in a pair/group, they are vaccinated and neutered, life is rather unsettled for them anyway. There's pros and cons for both.

He's beautiful, btw.

I've done it both ways but mostly I havve waited for them to settle in first as the move could affect his immune system. He is gorgeous :love:

Thanks everyone :)

He's settling in well, and he's so friendly! He loves a nose rub and a stroke, he's not at all worried about me, it's so lovely :love::love:

I'm going to let him settle in a little while and book in him for a vet visit as he need his nails trimmed and a check up, and then for a neuter.

He gets so super nervous in the car he actually drools :( is there any way to help him be less nervous?

He gets so super nervous in the car he actually drools :( is there any way to help him be less nervous?
Aboleth shakes like she's having a fit :( We got her used to longer car journeys (still only 20-30mins, the vets is 5min) by taking her with us for a few drives (with Lopsy, who varies between being scared, eating everything and sleeping :roll:). We were most concerned because she'd be going from stressful car journey to new boarding place, but she was fine once out of the carrier. It's worth trying, I'd say.

He's a superbly gorgeous chap :D Best wishes!

Thanks everyone :)

He's settling in well, and he's so friendly! He loves a nose rub and a stroke, he's not at all worried about me, it's so lovely :love::love:

I'm going to let him settle in a little while and book in him for a vet visit as he need his nails trimmed and a check up, and then for a neuter.

Oh, bless him :(

As keletkezes said, getting him used to it would help gradually. The only other thing I could think of is to provide a favourite treat such as dandelion leaves every time he is put into the carrier which may gradually counter the negative associations he currently holds to some extent. Good luck xx

I took him to the vet yesterday because he hadn't been eating much :(

Before we left I told him whenever we go out he'll always be coming back here with me because this is his forever home. Then in the car I spoke to him the whole way there, and although he was breathing fast, he didn't dribble at all :love::love:

The vet gave him 2 gut stimulant injections plus a painkiller plus some to bring home, and today he started eating more :love:

I think because he's had so many changes in a short space of time it was too much for him. Bless him. So pleased he's with me so I can look after him properly now. :love:

Back