• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lop rabbits, does anyone else's lop rabbit develop an uppy ear after cuddles!

Zoobec

Staff member
Boots has lop ears, but after a nice relaxing cuddle he hops off with one ear up :lol: he's always done this so its nothing new, but just wondering if any other buns do this too? :wave:

Here's a post cuddle pic to show what I mean :thumb: the uppy ear goes down after a short while.

:lol: Bless him! I love all the individual quirks our Buns have! The only the reason I can think of why he does it, is being a way to cool down maybe? I don't know!

Kirsty's ears always remain down, but boy do they go forward when he smells food!! :lol:

Daphne gets an uppy ear when she's stressed about something

98f9e95b98e11db516482a6ba14494b3.jpg

Her during bonding with Phoebe last year - her stress beacon is well and truly visible.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

nope, I've no idea what you're on about :lol:

IMG_4065_zps574lu8c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stunning photo of handsome Boots by the way. Boo & Boots! They go together

:lol: Bless him! I love all the individual quirks our Buns have! The only the reason I can think of why he does it, is being a way to cool down maybe? I don't know!

Kirsty's ears always remain down, but boy do they go forward when he smells food!! :lol:

It can't be the heat, he always does it even in winter, interesting idea though.

Daphne gets an uppy ear when she's stressed about something

98f9e95b98e11db516482a6ba14494b3.jpg

Her during bonding with Phoebe last year - her stress beacon is well and truly visible.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lovely photo :love: I don't think it's stress, unless it's the stress of a cuddle ending ;):lol: he's so laid back nothing phases him. He doesn't even get stressed on vet visits :shock:

nope, I've no idea what you're on about :lol:

IMG_4065_zps574lu8c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stunning photo of handsome Boots by the way. Boo & Boots! They go together

Looks like it's a common trait. But he never does it any other time other than post cuddle :s

Gorgeous photo :love: Boo and Boots do go together!

Boots was a rescue bun, he was part of a rescue of 3 rabbits found dumped in Meadowhall shopping centre car park :cry: the other 2 were named Dora and Diego. He was supposed to be an outdoor bunny but he spent I think one night outside :lol:

I don't think deaf bunnies suit outside anyway;). Whereas I can't answer the why post cuddle ear flop I do believe rabbits have an extensive language just based on their ears alone. Mouses ears are up & down with her moods for sure

I don't think deaf bunnies suit outside anyway;). Whereas I can't answer the why post cuddle ear flop I do believe rabbits have an extensive language just based on their ears alone. Mouses ears are up & down with her moods for sure

Exactly ;) we didn't realise he was fairly deaf until we'd had him inside for a bit. The original plan was that he was going to be an outside bunny and the rescue were going to find him a wife bun, but when we decided to bring him inside he seemed so happy as he is :love:

Awwwww!!! I've never seen this before. My Frenchie had no control whatsoever over his daft loppy ears!! :lol:

Autumn did her first helicopter yesterday :lol: It was after she'd ran full pelt and had her ears blowing in the wind :love:

Aboleth's goes the other way: after a cuddle she's always got a loppy right ear. Lopsy has enough control to swing his ears forwards when he's listening to something (we often wonder what he's listening to...!) but he's never helicoptered :)

Aboleth's goes the other way: after a cuddle she's always got a loppy right ear. Lopsy has enough control to swing his ears forwards when he's listening to something (we often wonder what he's listening to...!) but he's never helicoptered :)

Aww :love:

Awww :)
My lion head Lop Snowball does this!!
Every time after a long session of tickles he'll do this lol its so cute x

Back