• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Lady Blue

Sharpie

Warren Scout
Lady Blue had her check up on Tuesday morning.
Vet is happy with her recovery, she's got lots of mucus coming out and he said that's a good indication that the infection is clearing.

Hes prescribed her another weeks worth of Baytril.

Her poops have returned to hard balls, lots of them! She's drinking and eating her nuggets and veg - Still refusing hay - I've tried taking all nuggets away but she still doesn't go for the hay. Wondering if it's because it takes a while to chomp a strand and because she can't breathe well because of the mucus that she doesn't want to.

I've been cutting her veg into small pieces that can go in in one and gives her time to breathe after each bite.

She's more active, she's in and out her cage all day, and today she went all the way over the other side of the room and had a snooze.

I have noticed, If she lays on her side (like a dead bunny) she can't get back up. I have to pick her up, I've only seen her do it twice since having her inside.
First time she jumped out the cage the wrong side and slipped on the cardboard stopping her getting into our stuff and laid on her side unable to get up.
And today she went under the bed and I checked on her and she was on her side again, she wiggles her front paws and lifts her head, i just pick her up and she toddles off and lays down on her tummy :/

She is 8 so wondering if it's an age thing? Or if she's being clumsy and "getting stuck" in an awkward way that she can't roll back over?

Otherwise she's being her sassy stroppy self lol :)

Not sure what lady blue has been suffering but I'm glad her infection is clearing :wave: In regards to the hay eating - could you possibly try her on chopped hay at all if you think the strands being long and her struggling with breathing is a problem?

Vet is happy with her recovery, she's got lots of mucus coming out and he said that's a good indication that the infection is clearing.

Her poops have returned to hard balls, lots of them! She's drinking and eating her nuggets and veg - Still refusing hay - I've tried taking all nuggets away but she still doesn't go for the hay. Wondering if it's because it takes a while to chomp a strand and because she can't breathe well because of the mucus that she doesn't want to.

I've been cutting her veg into small pieces that can go in in one and gives her time to breathe after each bite.

She's more active, she's in and out her cage all day, and today she went all the way over the other side of the room and had a snooze.

I have noticed, If she lays on her side (like a dead bunny) she can't get back up. I have to pick her up, I've only seen her do it twice since having her inside.
First time she jumped out the cage the wrong side and slipped on the cardboard stopping her getting into our stuff and laid on her side unable to get up.
And today she went under the bed and I checked on her and she was on her side again, she wiggles her front paws and lifts her head, i just pick her up and she toddles off and lays down on her tummy :/

She is 8 so wondering if it's an age thing? Or if she's being clumsy and "getting stuck" in an awkward way that she can't roll back over?

Glad to hear that the Vet thinks that LB is responding to the antibiotics. Did you mention the problem she sometimes has in getting up ? This may be due to some osteoarthritis in her spine/hips.

Does she have bald/sore hocks ?

Glad to hear that the Vet thinks that LB is responding to the antibiotics. Did you mention the problem she sometimes has in getting up ? This may be due to some osteoarthritis in her spine/hips.

Does she have bald/sore hocks ?

Nah as she'd only done it the once when I saw the vets, she's due back in again on Tuesday so I'll mention it then :)

Nah when she lays on her tummy i can see her tootsies and they look fine, typical long skinny fluffy feet lol :)

Not sure what lady blue has been suffering but I'm glad her infection is clearing :wave: In regards to the hay eating - could you possibly try her on chopped hay at all if you think the strands being long and her struggling with breathing is a problem?

I was wondering about cutting it up as she can eat nuggets (a couple get stuck on her snotty nose, but I remove them and clean her nose again - doing it about 5 times a day)

I wouldn't worry about a 'one off'. I've seen it happen a lot :D

She seems to be picking up - very pleased to hear :D

I wouldn't worry about a 'one off'. I've seen it happen a lot :D

She seems to be picking up - very pleased to hear :D

She hasn't done it since so I do think she'd being a numpty lol!!
She is a lot better today, more dried bogeys on top of her nose and less actual goo coming out. Her breathing is much better, barely noticeable now :)

She hasn't done it since so I do think she'd being a numpty lol!!
She is a lot better today, more dried bogeys on top of her nose and less actual goo coming out. Her breathing is much better, barely noticeable now :)

Lovely update :love:

You do describe things in glorious technicolour Sharpie :lol: I have no doubt at all what she looks like :D

Hi all!
Blue has just returned from the vets...
She was 9.52? Last visit and this time she's 9.53! He said shes at a healthy weight and hasn't changed dramatically.
Her lump on her jaw has not grown in the 3 weeks since he first felt it.
Her breathing issue is no longer in her abdomen, just a snotty nose now.
She has a crusty eye, no sign of cause, just clear, so advised to wash it (did last night and it was gone til this morning)

He said two doses of Baytril today and she's done! She's had enough medicine and can return safely to the others :D

Her appetite has been back for the last three/four days, she engulfs her veg again, poops are solid still!
She seems to have taken to drinking out her bowl more so then her bottle now (possibly because I cant see her drinking from her bowl cos it's under the bed)

She's feisty and sassy again, she tells me who's boss when it's medicine time and definitely shows me when she's ******! I've been head butted, pounced at and attempts to eat me have been made lol! (this is usual behaviour for blue, she's always been very fiesty, she was worse when she was younger, much calmer now!!!)

So Yeh... Blue is nearing the end of her roommate experience lol!
Have to say, I'm going to miss having her inside with us, waking up and having her hopping about :(

Hi all!
She was 9.52? Last visit and this time she's 9.53! He said shes at a healthy weight and hasn't changed dramatically.
She has a crusty eye, no sign of cause, just clear, so advised to wash it (did last night and it was gone til this morning)

He said two doses of Baytril today and she's done! She's had enough medicine and can return safely to the others :D

Her appetite has been back for the last three/four days, she engulfs her veg again, poops are solid still!
She seems to have taken to drinking out her bowl more so then her bottle now (possibly because I cant see her drinking from her bowl cos it's under the bed)

She's feisty and sassy again, she tells me who's boss when it's medicine time and definitely shows me when she's ******! I've been head butted, pounced at and attempts to eat me have been made lol! (this is usual behaviour for blue, she's always been very fiesty, she was worse when she was younger, much calmer now!!!)

Have to say, I'm going to miss having her inside with us, waking up and having her hopping about :(

Glad to hear that she seems to be doing well now. Will you re-introduce her to the others on neutral territory? They may not accept her back too readily if you just put her in with them where they are now. Unless you are exceptionally lucky !

Hi all!

Ahh I'm glad to hear such a good update!

Good luck with her going back to the others :D

Glad to hear that she seems to be doing well now. Will you re-introduce her to the others on neutral territory? They may not accept her back too readily if you just put her in with them where they are now. Unless you are exceptionally lucky !

She's the mother hen of the group, her and my snowball (male) rule the rest, Cookie and Lulu would never attempt to take her place, theyre far too laid back, the only one I qoudl be worried about is Daisy, she has tried her luck in the past with Blue and been told off and ahe sulks, I'll do as I did for the rest and sit with them whilst they interact and hopefully they'll fall straight back into place.

I've never had an issue with bonding these guys, whenever I introduced another they had a little squabble but then settle by bedtime, so hopefully, fingers crossed ahe integrates back in fine :)

She's the mother hen of the group, her and my snowball (male) rule the rest, Cookie and Lulu would never attempt to take her place, theyre far too laid back, the only one I qoudl be worried about is Daisy, she has tried her luck in the past with Blue and been told off and ahe sulks, I'll do as I did for the rest and sit with them whilst they interact and hopefully they'll fall straight back into place.

I've never had an issue with bonding these guys, whenever I introduced another they had a little squabble but then settle by bedtime, so hopefully, fingers crossed ahe integrates back in fine :)

Hope it all goes well :)

They are gonna want their mother hen back :D

Fingers crossed for you xx

Back