• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That Gut Feeling When You Know Something is 'Not Right'............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
...........but there are no real 'symptoms' as such. Over the last few days I have been worried about Lord H. I know he has a complex chronic gut problem but nothing has changed as far as that goes. But there is something different about him and I cant put my finger on what it is. His weight is stable, he has normal (for him) output, he's eating, his heart and lungs sound OK (for him), his ears are OK as are his teeth. His abdomen feels normal (for him) :?

I am not going to call C yet, but I obviously will if anything specific does develop as opposed to me just having 'that feeling' about him.

I hope your gut feeling disappears. I get concerned with niggles, that have no known cause.

I hate to say it but when I have that feeling with any animal I'm usually right. Hope that isn't the case. X

I know what you mean. I get that gut feeling and sadly so far I've been proven right.

Is it just slightly odd behaviour? Daphne gets very slight changes and it's usually something I've done that's upset her.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. I get that gut feeling and sadly so far I've been proven right.

Is it just slightly odd behaviour? Daphne gets very slight changes and it's usually something I've done that's upset her.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not even odd behaviour really, it's just.................something. Maybe it is just me. I hope so x

Hope it's nothing... or something good instead, like he's about to come out as a moonlighting cabaret singer!

Vibes for our lovely Lord H and for you too, Jane. (((((Hugs))))) Hoping with all I have that your 'spider sense' is off the mark today. His Lordship has looked so healthy in his recent photos. xxxxx

I know exactly what you mean - don't mean to scare ya - but the day before I lost Pippin I had that feeling. Before I went to bed that night I went out into the back garden and pulled some grass and dandelions for the buns and usually they race around in their runs excited about the 'new' grass. He didn't run round, just stayed lying on the grass in his run. He ambled across when I put the grass in and ate one dandelion leaf then laid out again. I was instantly concerned, but he didn't look in pain or at all distressed. I stood watching him for several minutes but he seemed OK, kept glancing at me as if 'what?'. I locked up and went upstairs to bed, looked out of the back bedroom window into the garden and I could see him now eating the grass I'd put in. When I got up for work at 4am he was in a bad way. I wish now I'd given him some metoclopramide (I always keep it in just in case) but it gets to be like paranoia, are they OK or not? Shall I medicate just in case? I watch mine like a hawk anyway, but you can end up over-reacting. I hope this is just a blip for Lord H - how old is he? Maybe it's just normal 'slowing down'. Sending vibes just to be on the safe side.

Sending you and Lord H some positive vibes.
Many times I will pick up a bunny and think they don't feel right to my hands. It is hard to describe, almost as if I am picking up on slight differences in their muscle tone, hydration, weight, or strength.
Sometimes it is nothing; but other times it preceeded an illness. So I will keep a more careful watch on them to see if that time they will return to normal or not.

Hey,

I'm sending vibes too. I know the feeling all too well. Somehow you just know your bun. Albeit earlier in the year i thought bubbles was quiet, rushed him out of hours to the vets, made them keep him in (just in case) and he was totally fine albeit mad with me, sometimes i can be a little paranoid :oops: But i'm hoping your gut instinct on this occaision is totally wrong as well and your little fella is fine.

xx

How is lovely Lord H, Jane? xx

Sorry I have only just seen this. Unfortunately I was correct in my 'gut feeling'. I am not going into details, but he is on all of the appropriate treatment and in himself he remains bright.

Thank you for asking about him xx

Back