• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And so it begins

JessBun

Mama Doe
Autumn has settled in :lol: We are now experiencing the full cheekiness and mischievousness of her nature :lol: She has a particular interest in chewing our shoes (and has now braved seeking them out in the hallway by front door!) and chewing wooden edges (coffee table, dvd stand etc). She has hay access 24/7, a jingle ball and a cardboard box with hole in it which she does get into and chew. She also has cardboard tube stuffed with hay/her pellet rations.

Obviously this isn't very much, so I'm looking for other ideas to keep her busy? My other bun, Micky has never been a chewer, though he has a wooden hanging toy to chew which he never bothers with. We'll be getting her something similar as I think she'll enjoy playing with them - but any other ideas would be nice which your buns particularly enjoy? She's still setting in at the moment so food treats are a no go at the mo, as I haven't even started switching her food over yet incase. We'll be taking a trip to pets at home to pick up some bits so would like an idea of successes before going.

Micky doesn't bother with his toys, though he does have an abundance of them. He's happy grazing grass/forage most of the time or his hay. He also likes his wee pop up tent which I think Autumn would love - so I may pick her up one too. She seems to particularly enjoy getting into tight spaces and playing :lol: Micky is a lot older and more calmer - but having not had a baby bun obviously she seems to need a lot more stimulation than Micky. She has been in her outdoor run where she could see Micky, which he seemed to enjoy more than her. She's been very used to grass at her previous home so enjoyed a nibble too.

I'm really enjoying having her inside. You can see just how much they love exploring their environment and use of space. I should probably add she's not confined in any way. She has a large dog carrier thing which is her sleeping base with water and hay. She pops in and out through the day, but essentially does have the run of a very large living room, hallway and bedroom. Plenty of space, just not too much enrichment at the moment to distract her from wood chewing :oops:

One of my rabbits like to chew and she loves willow toys, in particular the willow balls which you can get from pets at home (and lots of other places too).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One of my rabbits like to chew and she loves willow toys, in particular the willow balls which you can get from pets at home (and lots of other places too).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep I have seen some willow balls there I'd like to pick up, and a willow ring I thought I could tie to something safe to hang, as then it would twist round etc when she inspects it :lol: :love:

Mine are chewers too, I have started leaving willow sticks in areas where they tend to nibble things they shouldn't and this has helped. I buy the bundle of willow stick for about £2 (were recently on offer at £1.50, not sure if they still are) from pets at home and use the sticks individually rather than giving them the bundle.

Back