• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Additions to my bunny family

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Last week my OH went to a fair. While he was there he checked out the rabbit show and he was saddened to see that they had two baby netherland dwarf himilayan colored bunnies in a small wire cage with a for sale sign.
Later that evening he arrived home and he told me how they reminded him of my late ND sable point brothers. Even though I insisted that four bunnies was my limit; he returned the next day and got them 'for me for my anniversary gift'. They had to stay at the show a couple more days so I planned on going on Saturday and telling the person to keep them even if we could not get a refund.
On Saturday my OH agreed to drive me and drop me off so I did not have to walk from the parking area with my sore knees. When we went inside the rabbit venue, I spoke to the mother of the young boy who was showing these and other bunnies he bred. She showed me the brothers my OH selected. That is when my heart melted. I could not bare to think where they would go if we did not take them home. Before I knew it, I was leaving with a cardboard box with two 8week old ND himilayan brothers.

They are currently in quarantine away from my other bunnies and I am watching them closely, especially for intestinal issues due to their age and the stress of being on view in a noisy venue.

They were listed as E and D in the show so that is what I am calling them until I give them appropriate names.

Pictures will soon follow.

Last week my OH went to a fair. While he was there he checked out the rabbit show and he was saddened to see that they had two baby netherland dwarf himilayan colored bunnies in a small wire cage with a for sale sign.
Later that evening he arrived home and he told me how they reminded him of my late ND sable point brothers. Even though I insisted that four bunnies was my limit; he returned the next day and got them 'for me for my anniversary gift'. They had to stay at the show a couple more days so I planned on going on Saturday and telling the person to keep them even if we could not get a refund.
On Saturday my OH agreed to drive me and drop me off so I did not have to walk from the parking area with my sore knees. When we went inside the rabbit venue, I spoke to the mother of the young boy who was showing these and other bunnies he bred. She showed me the brothers my OH selected. That is when my heart melted. I could not bare to think where they would go if we did not take them home. Before I knew it, I was leaving with a cardboard box with two 8week old ND himilayan brothers.

They are currently in quarantine away from my other bunnies and I am watching them closely, especially for intestinal issues due to their age and the stress of being on view in a noisy venue.

They were listed as E and D in the show so that is what I am calling them until I give them appropriate names.

I hope that E and D settle in well. They have certainly found a wonderful home :love:

It is harder to say no when you have a willing accomplice, isn't it? My OH has become totally obsessed with bunnies. The other day I caught him on here looking at the rabbits in need section. "Surrey's not that far, is it?" He asked. I reminded him we don't have a car. "We could get the train" he replied.

It is harder to say no when you have a willing accomplice, isn't it? My OH has become totally obsessed with bunnies. The other day I caught him on here looking at the rabbits in need section. "Surrey's not that far, is it?" He asked. I reminded him we don't have a car. "We could get the train" he replied.

Ha :lol: Your right, I think my OH has a little soft spot for our Buffy. I saw her on a free ad and within half an hour of contacting the owners, he was going to collect her. He's always going to see what she's doing. He has been looking on the free ads recently too, but we have six buns, which is plenty for us, for now :) x

It's lovely that you are giving these buns a home, bunny momma x

What a story T!!

I love the thought of you going in there with resolutions not to take them and then your heart melted.

They will now be assured of a beautiful and caring home with you and your (obviously wonderful) OH :love:

How wonderful :love: As I was reading your post, I was sure what the outcome for these two little rabbits was going to be :lol: I hope they bring oodles of pleasure to you and your OH. They've definitely found a super new home.

Ha :lol: Your right, I think my OH has a little soft spot for our Buffy. I saw her on a free ad and within half an hour of contacting the owners, he was going to collect her. He's always going to see what she's doing. He has been looking on the free ads recently too, but we have six buns, which is plenty for us, for now :) x

It's lovely that you are giving these buns a home, bunny momma x

Awww :D I think we'll stick at 4 (once we've got Luna a husbun but that's a few weeks off yet. Having to restrain Dann in the meantime!) X

Ha. Ha.

You do not know how relieved I was when a pet store in a mall where my OH worked closed. They always gave us a good deal on supplies we ordered/special ordered; but my spouse would visit the animals on his break and sometimes he would get a 'deal' or 'free' bunny . He got a mini rex because she did not sell for several months and was going to be sold at auction(she was a very special bunny for over 13 years), and a lionhead with teeth that required trimming every 6 or 7 weeks (guess who was taking time off work to take her to vets?). He also got some other bunnies, usually cute little girl bunnies I would refer to as the 'other woman'. Don't get me wrong, I have my 'boyfriends'. I love them, hug them, pet them, and kiss them (no humping allowed).

How lovely, BM :love: Wish my OH was as much a willing accomplice :lol:

Neither extreme is good. When I was working 70 hours per week, I was doing the bulk of the work; plus we are limited on space.
I feel like the mom shopping with a child who wants everything in the store.

Last edited:
Back