• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your Rabbits routine?

rowan.godfrey

Alpha Buck
So, I am spending a LOT if time at home at the moment, long story but I am jobless. This is giving me a lot of time with the rabbits which is great, particularly with Nicholas who is indoors with me. His daily routine is pretty clear;

Early morning - run around & create havoc, eat hay.

9am or so - settle in front of the door for a round of guard bunny-ing, do not move JUST IN CASE. Flopping is allowed as long as one is alert to danger.

Lunch time - get in the free range base & nom on pellets, before settling in the base for the afternoon. If there are no pellets because the hoomin has been disorganised, scratch at the floor in disgust until one is fed.

7pm - get up & nom pellets before a couple of hours of hell-raising & hay eating before going to bed around 10/11pm.

What is your rabbits routine/s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With 9 rabbits - my life pretty much revolves around letting them have plenty of free range time (as they are in pairs and have to take turns).

So our (mine/rabbits) days start with the mad pellet scramble at 5am - then the pathetic looks until hay arrives - and change of water - and then the real fun stuff begins when I decided who is first for free range and whether or not I let my hubby have a sleep in (some of the buns think it's great fun to jump onto him and then stare at him - it's rather creepy :lol:).

So I am getting ready for work -stepping (mostly tripping) over rabbits and getting one lot back to get the next lot out. Hubby is at home during the day so he does the rest when I've left for work.

The buns snooze between 11pm and 3pm - then it's the big hay munch of the day - and also when they start their evening free range time. They get their evening meal when they come back in from free range. We usually finish around 9pm - then it's hovering up poops as we have the dogs upstairs with us at night - and they just LOVE eating rabbit poops and then throwing them up again on our bed :?

We do try and give them free range time at the times they are most active - morning and dusk.

Around 7-8:30 am is breakfast when they have their gate open.
Breakfast consists of following daddy downstairs and following him around the kitchen before showing him the way to their bedroom to be scatter fed veg.

After breakfast they have a small explore around the front room if they can be bothered and then spend the day cuddling together under the piano. (Potty / hay breaks allowed)

Around 3pm they go upstairs together for some hay and another snooze on the marble slab.

8 pm back downstairs to have a nose ache behind closed curtains and maybe talk mum or dad into giving a small amount of kale for starters.

9:30 pm back upstairs for pellets and snuggles (no humans allowed)

11pm come downstairs when humans want to go to bed and begin mad run & binkies.

11:30 pm get shut in bedroom for the night while humans sleep. This means making as much noise as possible to disturb said humans.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have 5 that live outside in a custom built enclosure (we have a lot of foxes and cats in the area so it's been built so they can never get near them)

Around 9 I sneak into their enclosure (them and my Guinea Pig have blankets covering their hutches to keep the cold wind off them) open the storage cupboard and quietly refill their hay tub outside, grab a treat for each one, I ope. My pig first by saying "Gooood morning Rosieee!" she comes waddling round the corner of her bedroom and takes her treat and toddles back off to eat it, which I then put hay in her house and some nuggets.
Then onto the fluffs, treats in hand, I go "gooood morning bunnies!!" and lift the blanket, immediately they start going loopy, running up and and down up and down and finally choose a door to sit at, I give them all their treat one by one and then open their door to let them out, then I start with their hay and pellets and water changes.

Around 2-3 they all take a nap in their outside bungalow (hooomins are to be quiet and not disturb unless offering veg)

Between 3 and around 4 is their "let's make a mess" time, this is normally when the house is emptied of bedding, the toys thrown around and hay is pulled around.

Around 5 they have a quick nap on the paving slabs, which prevents hooomins entering their enclosure and if they attempt we will not move, and the door will be shut and hoomins will go away.

Depending on when it gets dark (summer/winter).
I start prepping their veg for bedtime,
Meanwhile bunnies are all hiding (No joke!) When I come outside and say "bunnies!! Bunnies it's bedtime!!" (with it being dark)
All I see is these little figures (bar snowball who's like a beacon) appear from boxes, houses, little hide places and run fill pelt at me xD
I give rosie hers first otherwise she squeals and gets louder and louder as if telling me off!
Then I go "Where's my bunnies?!"
And theyre nornally all sat upstairs waiting, so I open the door and tip it all out (otherwise I get bunny heads rammed into the bowl scoffing)
Whilst their nomming I refill the hay, check how much pellets have been eaten, check water. Then i lock their doors and begin the "tidy up" picking up toys. Putting hay back in the outside tub for the morning, sweeping poop etc.
Then I put rosies blanket down first and say "good night Rosieee!"
Then the bunnies are next, I say "Night night bunnies, sleep tight, mummy loves you all and I'll see you all in the morning!!!"
Then quietly creep back out and lock the enclosure door.

If they hear me at all during the night (I sometimes come outside when my partner smokes to chat) they go mental! Sounds like their running into the walls!!

Weekdays:
Sunrise: start looking for us, eat sticks outside in Area 2. Cleaning/eating
10am: sleepy time!
12noon: cleaning/eating
2pm: wonder why they've not been let out onto the grass yet, sleepy time.
4pm: About time someone came and gave us some food! Eat sticks/hay in disgust.
5pm: On the alert for Matt coming home with forage
6-10pm: eat forage, hay, sticks
10pm: Sit in Areas 1, 2 or 3 waiting for pellets.

Weekends/days we're home they get let out on the grass between 10 and 2pm for the rest of the day but otherwise they do much the same!

8.10 Readigrass & loves with daddy
9-9.30 Help mummy clean the trays & hoover. Forage once everywhere is clean & tidy
10-4.30pm ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz involving girl cuddles with Joey having man time in the dining room or three way cuddles
5pm Daddy fusses & forage
6pm Preening & window sil skids (Boo only)
8pm - midnight - attempt to trip anybody up that moves in a frantic attempt to mug me for food I don't have
9pm Grooming & floor loves with mummy Joey & Boo often have an hour or so of alert together time whilst Mouse flops alone
10.30 More forage
12 handful of excel scatter fed
12:15 fresh hay & readigrass top up
12:20 ish Boo clicks her heels & meows, tucks mummy & daddy in bed where she receives three treats. If said three treats are deemed good enough she will stay on the bed for fusses til the light goes out
12:30 - dawn Boo gets off the bed & lies in the doorway guarding mummy & daddy (no idea what Joey & Mouse get up to - I assume they make love & whisper sweet nothings)
dawn - 8.10 assemble in dining room for restless lying around & occasional mini chases til food arrives

Fair weather days

2- roused from snoozes & deposited in garden
2pm circuits of garden & binkies
2:30pm snicketing under tree / bush snoozing
3:30pm - 7 pm(at best) is evening silflay time
7pm pick up with indoor routine - more trippy up time

Last edited:
I love this - come downstairs and start binkying just as the humans want to go to bed is exactly what mine do too!

6am (5 in the summer......!) Start trying to break into the humans' bedroom to demand breakfast
6.30 Sit immediately outside bedroom door and trip humans up on their way to the shower
7am Breakfast
7-8ish Eat hay and potter around their area
8-3 Nap time. Seriously, on days when I'm working from home I've tried to interest them in toys etc and they are just not having any of it ;)
3-6 Come and investigate anyone that moves, eat shoes that have been left lying around, get very excited if anyone brings a rustling shopping bag home with them
7pm Dinner time
9pm Mad dashes around the living room (they're only allowed in there when we're there to supervise, so they go a bit bonkers when they realise it's "open for business")
11pm Have to be called and coaxed back into their area
11.30pm Peter comes upstairs to find out where the humans are and get ready for his morning siege :D

Back