• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone used nutracys+ for bladder inflammation?

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
My rabbit milly has blood in her urine and we sent off a sample to be tested which showed no bacteria so my vet says she has bladder inflammation and wondered about trying a product for cats called nutracys+ but has not used it in rabbits before and I can't find any info on its use?

I have altered her diet and water intake and she is already on metacam as she is an e.c bunny.

Anyone used it? I want to make sure it's safe before I think about trying it. It contains n acetyl D glucosamine, quercetin and L Tryptophan

It sounds a lot like Cystease, which gets used in guinea pigs with interstitial cystitis.

Last edited:
Can't help with the use in rabbits - but I think it came up in another recent thread. There are a few versions of this cat product (eg Cystease, VetUK Bladder Supplement Sprinkle Capsules). The VetUK own brand is liver flavoured and the capsules are huge compared to Cystease ones. I use Cystease for a cat with chronic bladder issues and it does work. If we withdraw it, she starts to get minor symptoms of chronic cystitis again after a few weeks. She's been on it for many years on a reduced dose now. She used to get very bloody urine after one meal of the 'wrong' food, and it took 3 weeks to clear up each episode. So over time (10 years or so), there has been a massive improvement. Her condition is now very stable and regularly polishes off standard cat food with no ill effects.

Can't help with the use in rabbits - but I think it came up in another recent thread. There are a few versions of this cat product (eg Cystease, VetUK Bladder Supplement Sprinkle Capsules). The VetUK own brand is liver flavoured and the capsules are huge compared to Cystease ones. I use Cystease for a cat with chronic bladder issues and it does work. If we withdraw it, she starts to get minor symptoms of chronic cystitis again after a few weeks. She's been on it for many years on a reduced dose now. She used to get very bloody urine after one meal of the 'wrong' food, and it took 3 weeks to clear up each episode. So over time (10 years or so), there has been a massive improvement. Her condition is now very stable and regularly polishes off standard cat food with no ill effects.

Thanks really helpful thank you

Back