• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been terribly naughty... UPDATE Pg 3

JessBun

Mama Doe
This beautiful little lady joined the family, today :love: OH is quite taken by her - which is unusual for him :lol: How could he not be though with that face :D

We do need some help with names though. I thought she suited Mo, or Sophie. OH not keen on either of those names and likes Pippa. Any other suggestions would be appreciated :lol:

Last edited:
Awwww she's gorgeous!!! :love:

And looks just like my little Bella, and although cute is a little terror with serious attitude! :lol:

She's gorgeous! How about Chloe? Xxx

Funnily enough Chloe has popped in my mind a few times!!

Awwww she's gorgeous!!! :love:

And looks just like my little Bella, and although cute is a little terror with serious attitude! :lol:

Oh my, they look so similar!! your Bella is beautiful :love: Yes I have a feeling this wee lady will be a little terror when hormones set in. OH said how lovely she is - I said yes now, wait till she becomes a 'teenager'. She will be spayed as soon as of age, so I'm hoping it will be before her hormones set in, but not counting on it :lol:

And for those asking, she was what I was led to believe, the result of an 'accidental litter' (child's pets!). Somebody wanted to get the whole litter - and did, except for her. I strongly suspected for a pet shop. :evil: The girls dad did say he was quite surprised someone wanted to take the whole litter, and thought he was going to have real trouble 'shifting them on'.

No horrid comments please - she is with us, safe, not in a pet shop going to be sold to goodness knows who (childs pet and then 'accidental litters'? :roll: ) and probably end up in a rescue later.

She was originally going to be an outdoor bun with hutch and run. But I'm seriously thinking of house bun now?? Trying to convince OH - any ideas? She is a real outgoing, and very tame little bun. We had her on the couch with us last night, and she totally flopped out on OH's chest! So I'm thinking it would be a wee shame to keep her outside now? :oops:

Please keep the name idea's coming. I am terrible at decisions.

Poppy was another of one of the first names I thought of! And I like ginger, too :love:

Thank you, Olices :love: OH is usually totally indifferent to the furries really. When we got her home he hogged her and wouldn't let me cuddle. I bet she ends up bonding with him more :lol: Big softy has totally fallen for her, I reckon.

I got a cuddle with her before bed, and I end up crying a bit :oops: I love her so much already. xx

Honey
Poppy
Lola
Ginger
She is gorgeous, she's a lucky bunny to have found you and your OH xx

Aww thank you so much. Well your little bunny is certainly very lucky to have found you. I always think things happen for a reason. With Bailey, he was from an accidental litter, had been sold to a couple with a young family but a week later returned him and said they don't want him anymore as he was so destructive and noisy. So the original owner offered him for free on a Facebook site and I didn't think twice. It worries me sick when I think what life he might have had, if I hadn't of had him, so fully understand where you come from!

Now in to how to tempt your other half, give him time.. When I got my first two bunnies, 'it was when can they go outside'. But as the cold weather approched I said there is no way they can go out as they haven't built up a thick enough coat, so they stayed during the winter. Come the spring, we did have the intention that they were moving out, but when we actually discussed it, he agreed they would struggle out there and now we have 2 house bunnies! :)

I know a lot of people will agrue that it's more natural outside but I love having mine in the house, and although the mess is constant and a lot of hard work on times, their cheeky little personalities shine through and couldn't imagine not having them with us now as we have such a strong bond with them and I love it! :) xx

P.s - I think she might look like a ruby

And for those asking, she was what I was led to believe, the result of an 'accidental litter' (child's pets!). Somebody wanted to get the whole litter - and did, except for her. I strongly suspected for a pet shop. :evil: The girls dad did say he was quite surprised someone wanted to take the whole litter, and thought he was going to have real trouble 'shifting them on'.

No horrid comments please - she is with us, safe, not in a pet shop going to be sold to goodness knows who (childs pet and then 'accidental litters'? :roll: ) and probably end up in a rescue later.

She was originally going to be an outdoor bun with hutch and run. But I'm seriously thinking of house bun now?? Trying to convince OH - any ideas? She is a real outgoing, and very tame little bun. We had her on the couch with us last night, and she totally flopped out on OH's chest! So I'm thinking it would be a wee shame to keep her outside now? :oops:

No 'horrid comments from me'. How people chose to obtain their Rabbits is no-one else's business :D

As for names, what about Spice (as in Ginger Spice !! :lol:)

Ahh thanks for explaining :D No horrid comments from me! I was just curious as to how a healthy looking gorgeous little being suddenly joined your family. She's very lucky, and I bet you feel you are too :love:

No 'horrid comments from me'. How people chose to obtain their Rabbits is no-one else's business :D

Thank you Jane. I knew you wouldn't, as had seen posts to this effect from you elsewhere on the forum :love: I quite agree, though unfortunately I have seen threads where people make it their business - and quite forcefully too. I'm glad this isn't happening here :love:

I have always wanted a wee lop, and loved this colour. I have to say, the young girl who buns it was, did a very good job of looking after AND sexing them. Her father had told me he *thought* it was a girl, but it was his daughter who had sexed them so naturally I was dubious (she's somewhere between 10-12 I think). I double checked myself and indeed seems to be a wee girly (time will tell and I'll have egg on my face :lol:). She is apparently 12 weeks old though, so I'm pretty certain. Her father stressed the importance to me of hay in their diet - that they always need this, and gave me change over food so she didn't get an upset tum :thumb: Adults had a double hutch joined into a large run in the garage that they had free access to, which my OH commented on he liked to see. :D I am upset for the other buns that ended up in pet shop (at best?) but that's not to say none of them will end up in a good home, either. I have to be content that we will make a difference to this wee bun xx

She's adorable! Honey seems like a great name for her given her golden colour, or Pippa to please your OH and maybe get him on board for her being a house bunny.

Were the rest of the bunnies sold on at a decent price? Hope they didn't go free to a snake. At least you managed to save that little poppet.

Back