• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr..... Rabbit Stew!

A bit "tongue in cheek". I love my boy "unto death us do part" but as fast as we are Rabbit proofing our house he is finding new ways to find cords. About $600.00 damage so far.

On the bright side we have nice new keyboards, mice, video cables etc..................

Rod
P.S. just in case, any good recipes :)

:lol: welcome to the world of freerange bunnies!

When we had Louie, he chewed through the Internet cable, phone and computer chargers, an extension lead, all our own fault as we should have been more careful!

:lol:

My free range rabbit Izzy was very good around cords so I left them all down...then realized one day that all my cords were chewed! Lamp cords, aquarium cords, lava lamp cords etc etc. So yeah bad idea to ever leave cords unprotected! They might be ok for months, maybe even years, until one day they get the urge to chew them...

We've boxed of all the wires being the TV. They can't can't get can't get in our bedroom with the phone chargers.
The computer cables have a little nibble, same as a lamp.
They chewed through the house phone cable... taken us almost a year to replace it.

You can get box trunking for cables, or if you've got a few going the same way, the hose for showers works well to protect them. :)

Thankfully OH has been able to solder most of them back so we've not had to replace many.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

you re lucky mine strip wallpaper sometimes and chew the sofas if i dont supervise them, i dont think i could let them freerange 100% even if we had no dogs lol.. ive got plastic sheathing over all my wires x

:lol: Yes a lot of my clothes are rabbit chewed now. My house looks immaculately tidy and minimalist but its just because I've lived with free range house rabbits for 7 years and have learnt that anything left lying around is fair game to them :lol:

Yep, I've learnt that the hard way too! :lol: Recently I stupidly didn't put my new shoes away and after going through the agony of breaking them in they were swiftly destroyed by Fudge Cake :evil: :lol:

My girls look like little angels now.
We can leave things on the floor & they ignore it unless its a wire or the OH tops. They ignore shoes completely.

D-Line trunking is great! My boy only seems to go after white cables. Black cables really don't bother him. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back