• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The tip of my rabbits ear is missing!!!

Honbun

New Kit
I am a little concerned I noticed that the tip of my rabbits ear is missing. I don't know if it might of been caused by a fight or due to old age. My rabbit's name is Honey. He is very sensitive. He has just turned 6 years old. He has been neutered. He has a partner called Sandy, who is two years younger then him, Sandy is not neutered and is therefore sometimes aggressive. I have never seen Sandy hurt Honey but I have seen her snatch food off Honey and try to do unnatural 'woohoo' (if you know what i mean) Honey does not seem enjoy the unnatural 'woohoo'. I do have a small issue with foxes but Honey and Sandy know exactly what to do if a fox pays them a visit. there is no sight of blood when I noticed the missing tip of the ear but I can see scratches on the ear. Honey was separated from his mother at a early age and he has therefore has lost some of his natural instincts and is a little civilised. /Users/sallyhirst/Desktop/Screen Shot 2559-08-20 at 10.51.20.png

Hi, sorry you didn't get any replies before.

There's quite a lot of information in your post to take in, so I have a few questions. I'm no expert though, so hopefully someone will be along soon.

Does the injury look recent? Has it been checked by a vet? Have you thought about getting Sandy spayed, as this could help with aggression / hormones (I believe!)?

I don't know if there is any way of knowing exactly how it happened, but it is worrying that you mention foxes! I'm not sure they should be out there at all if there are foxes hanging around! x

Back