• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Luna's spay day - so much hope and fear.

EyerollChamp

Alpha Buck
So it's time for the dreaded op. I dropped her off this morning with a packed lunch of her favourite forages, readigrass and pellets. She was very nervous and even allowed me to cuddle and fuss her before leaving her.

I know it's just a spay but could I ask for some vibes, please? It's not just the increased anaesthetic risk due to her age. It's everything that's hinging on this. It's her happiness.

I think much of her hormonal aggression has probably become learned behaviour by now and I accept that. But she is not a happy rabbit. She eats and drinks enough but without any real enthusiasm. She's fully litter trained already and eating the right amount of good, natural, fibrous foods. But she's lethargic and starved of affection. She's bonded to her snuggle tunnel :(

I'm not expecting miracles from this spay. But I'm hoping it's a start. I'm hoping it means an end to her pseudopregnancies and that she can be bonded to a real bunny, and that in turn will bring her some happiness and contentment in life.

Every time I think of all she's been through I feel angry and profoundly sad. I hate leaving her alone. I can't stand the thought of her always being depressed. I love her.

A spay is a big operation for a bunny so you have every right to feel scared. I have had about 15 girls spayed and it never gets easier and hopefully she will be able to be bonded with a lovely male rabbit who will make her happier. Sending mega vibes for your little bun xx

Sending lots of vibes for today. Poor bun, does sound like she will benefit from some company when the times right. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a happier life for her x

Many vibes for Lunas spay - I hope your wishes that this will benefit her emotional stability come true. I think having you as her care giver will help her inordinately on that journey x

I think much of her hormonal aggression has probably become learned behaviour by now and I accept that. But she is not a happy rabbit. She eats and drinks enough but without any real enthusiasm. She's fully litter trained already and eating the right amount of good, natural, fibrous foods. But she's lethargic and starved of affection. She's bonded to her snuggle tunnel :(
The tunnel thing is cute for the first few minutes, but it is so profoundly demoralising to watch :( I was so happy when she flopped out and relaxed with me in the room, so happy when she properly binkied: it was so pleasing to see her happy for a few minutes and active. But it was a few minutes :( Mine are bonkers, tearing the place up, begging for food, reaching for brambles, and she wasn't :(

Every time I think of all she's been through I feel angry and profoundly sad. I hate leaving her alone. I can't stand the thought of her always being depressed. I love her.
She's SUCH an easy bunny to love for an aggressive ball of hormones with some terrible behaviour forced on her by previous circumstances :( She's definitely left a mark on me :)

SOOOOO many best wishes for her, not just today but for her recovery and hormone-drop. I hope she's as strong-willed in body as in mind!

The tunnel thing is cute for the first few minutes, but it is so profoundly demoralising to watch :( I was so happy when she flopped out and relaxed with me in the room, so happy when she properly binkied: it was so pleasing to see her happy for a few minutes and active. But it was a few minutes :( Mine are bonkers, tearing the place up, begging for food, reaching for brambles, and she wasn't :(

She's SUCH an easy bunny to love for an aggressive ball of hormones with some terrible behaviour forced on her by previous circumstances :( She's definitely left a mark on me :)

SOOOOO many best wishes for her, not just today but for her recovery and hormone-drop. I hope she's as strong-willed in body as in mind!

I've only seen her Binky once :( she mounts the tunnel too. I've had sedate bunnies before, but this is something different.

So many vibes for Luna today xxx

I've had a couple of depressed does before - after bonding they reverted back to their normal happy selves - but it is awful watching them having no zest for life. Fingers crossed today is successful - once today is done and dusted, there is so much for her to look forward to.

Sending Luna loads and loads of good wishes for today. She really deserves everything to go perfectly.

I also hope that this is just the start of a happier life for her. To a very large extent, of course, you have started that process already by giving her a wonderful new home. I think you will find that very, very gradually things will change in her behaviour, but the changes might be very gradual.

Sending hugs for you. I hope that there will be some positive news soon.

Lots of vibes being sent to Luna for a smooth spay and recovery and thinking of you, you are doing a wonderful thing for her. As Omi has said, hopefully her behaviour will gradually change and she can finally relax and be happy knowing she is well loved and has all her needs taken care of wonderfully :love:

So it's time for the dreaded op. I dropped her off this morning with a packed lunch of her favourite forages, readigrass and pellets. She was very nervous and even allowed me to cuddle and fuss her before leaving her.

I know it's just a spay but could I ask for some vibes, please? It's not just the increased anaesthetic risk due to her age. It's everything that's hinging on this. It's her happiness.

I'm not expecting miracles from this spay. But I'm hoping it's a start. I'm hoping it means an end to her pseudopregnancies and that she can be bonded to a real bunny, and that in turn will bring her some happiness and contentment in life.

What do you mean it's just a spay? It's never 'just' anything!! I was totally fearful last time I had a little darling spayed :shock:

It will take a few weeks for hormones to settle down, and it may never completely alter her behaviour, but you're giving her such a wonderful new life in all respects. She's a lucky lady and I'm sending her my best vibes for today :love:

Lots and lots of positive vibes for Luna's spay today! I too would be worried sick. I'm sure it'll be a smooth spay (as smooth as can be) and she'll recover quickly :love:

Thanks for all the kind words and vibes. They must have worked because I've just called the vet and been told she's recovering well! :) xxxxx

Yep. I have set up the massive dog crate in the living room so I can keep a close eye on her and she doesn't get too chilly. Back in 3 days for post op check then a six week countdown until I can look at finding her a husbun. Eeek! :)

Back